Author Topic: Snake Skinning day  (Read 39238 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Snake Skinning day
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2011, 01:49:53 pm »
I think this makes 7, 8 and 9 for the year..

Sticks, this is one of your copperheads
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 12:27:15 am »

Nice Copper Head! 8)  Well looks like you are set for trading now. ;) 

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 01:00:26 am »
Thanks Wayne. The rat snake was hit n front of my school where the kids get picked up. Caused a real ruckous ::)

The chicken snake was killed in a chicken coop in Gorman, TX by my buddies father in law. The copperhead was killed on a dairy in Dublin, Tx by my student's dad.  :o

It's been a lot of fun trading :D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2011, 11:23:41 am »
Got a big Eastern diamondback water snake. Will post pics soon

Offline criveraville

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2011, 04:25:28 pm »
Eastern Diamondback water snake  Number 10

Offline criveraville

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »
Here are 11, 12 and 13.

I really like the patttern on that Eastern Diamondback water snake.... 

Offline criveraville

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:32 pm »
so far its a good year for snakes and I have not killed any of them :D :D

Oh, on the water snake on the table, yall gotta know that didnt make the wife happy or how I empty my pockets on the table..  >:D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »
Sometimes wives worry about the silliest things... O:)

Nice snakes!

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2011, 03:04:39 am »

Well, you would think the money on the table would divert her attention....... ::)  Next time add chocolate........ ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline Parnell

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2011, 11:34:51 am »
Awesome thread, Cipriano!
Hey, I was speaking with a guy at the Classic and his method of preparing the skins was to use a mixture of 16 oz. of Glycerine with 6 oz. of ... I want to say Isopropyl Alcohol.  He soaks it repeatedly for a day, painting it on and then gives it 2-3 coats for another 2-3 days and then they are done.  He claimed to me they were more elastic and water repellant that way.
Don't know anything about it or if I got the second ingredient right, but, thought I'd pass on the info.
Got your quiver in the works.

Speak with you soon.
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2011, 07:54:10 pm »
Wayne, I saw a "coach whip", (Pine snake) a few weeks ago. It was about 7' long and the first I've seen in about 25 years. Unfortunately this area is about to be mined up.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2011, 08:01:22 pm »
I know Jorge, I know..  >:D

Stickbender, I actually usually have a bowl in the cubard designated as the place I empty out my pockets, but I slipped that day.... But the cash didnt work.. will have to try the chocolate trick  O:)

Thanks, Steve.. It's been a great way to go green and recycle road kill   :D

Mullet, those are about my favorite snakes.. long, slender and just pretty in their unique manner...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2011, 12:33:14 am »

Cipriano, maybe larger denominations of bills will work, along with the Chocolate.   ::)
Eddie, the last one I saw, was when I was about 13 or 14 years old. Loooonnnnng time ago. ;D   As I remember it, it was about six feet long or so.  Never saw a small one.  Yeah, unfortunately it is getting to be that way pretty much everywhere. With all the golf courses, and housing projects.   How is your back doing?  Mine is giving me a fit, but it is starting to get a little better.  Been cutting trees, and such, and I think that aggravated it.  Cipriano seems to have some nice rock in his area.  Maybe you will be in his neck of the woods, on one of your road trips, and you can stop by his place, and go look for rock, and such, and maybe some pre history artifacts.

Wayne   

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »
Thanks, Steve.. It's been a great way to go green and recycle road kill   :D

Reminds me of a poem by Baxter Black about how maybe we can appease the PETA types by using road killed furbearing animals instead of hunting them:

"MAKE IT A HABBIT TO PICK UP YOUR RABBIT.
DON'T LEAVE HIM TO DRY IN THE SUN.
FOR THE SAKE OF A GARMENT RECYCLE YOUR VARMINT.
IT'S TACKY TO JUST HIT AND RUN!"

Apologies to Baxter Black, Cowboy Poet and former large animal Veterinarian, for any misquotation of the excerpt.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2011, 09:15:51 pm »
and 14, 15 and 16....  all chicken snakes... one is 7ft 1 inch