Author Topic: Two more points  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Two more points
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »
These are my last two points. I found some chert in my garden, not a big piece but I tried to get what I could out of it. It is hard. Had to sharpen my antler a bunch just to get it to where it is. couldn't notch it for anything because my pressure flaker was worn down into the soft part, so I just called it quits.
I finally went and bought some copper wire and hardened it to make a copper flaker and that is what I did the second one with. It's TV glass and was a small piece at that. Maybe three by two inches. I may try to touch up the chert with the copper.
Still trying to get a good one made.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: Two more points
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:45 pm »
keep at it. dont get discoraged
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:43:48 am »
they look pretty damn good.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 11:55:42 am »
Oh yeah !  coming along good. You just need more material.   Send me a p.m.   I've got a little bit of "Share Rock" left, I can send you.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:44:07 pm »
Those look great Mark! That peice of chert you found in your garden looks like most of this stuff I find - as in "tough" ;D. Good job on it. I have some of that tv glass and theirs a big tube here on the side of the road. Haven't decided yet whether to bust it - kinda in a hurry when i get off work, hmm.. Keep em coming.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline maddog314

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 01:34:20 pm »
Good job Bro...
Micah