Author Topic: Favorite Thing at the Classic  (Read 9968 times)

Offline johnston

Favorite Thing at the Classic
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:29 pm »
Wife and I were talking vacation. We have had a couple of medical issues this year that have crimped money and vacation time. I made it clear that next year I was going to the Classic. We covered logistics and then she asked," What do they do there?" Well for sure getting a schedule would be easy but hey, what is your favorite part of the event?

Lane

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Favorite Thing at the Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »
what is your favorite part of the event?

Have not been to one yet so the best part for me will be 'BEING AWAY FROM HOME'  ;D

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline cracker

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:39:35 pm »
Oh man that's a big list.
1. The People
2. The Food
3. The B.S.
4. The Knappin Pit
5. The Bow Shed
6. The Fellowship
7. The Target Range
8. Getting To Hang Out With Pappy
9. Getting To See All My Buddies From Previous Years.
I culd go on and on but the carpal tunnel stuff is getting to me.
Ronnie the "Cracker"
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »
The Classic is non-stop fun from the time you get there to the time you leave. My main enjoyment comes from just getting to hang out with a bunch of like-minded people and do what we do.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:56 pm »
I especially like the rain!  :D    Actually I like everything about the Classic. The people and especially the PA crowd, food, music, all the activities going on all the time, springtime in the Tennessee woods(Twin Oaks has great native wildflowers)...everything!
I think Jimmy(Ranger B) made a slide show of the last few Calssics and posted it here somewhere. Find that and see for your selves.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:57:04 pm »
This is from Mrs Mullet.......I've been going to the classic for a few years now. I have a great time. I don't shoot. I don't knapp. and I don't  whittle out a bow. I talk to as many people as I can. Eat. Watch. Learn. Laugh. and have the best time. The classic has Tall Tales, minor lies, Music, jokes, broken rock, broken wood----OH! I mean arrowheads and bows. You will love it
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:11:35 pm »
Can't really pick a favorite event.. will all the above work?  I have been the past two years and love being around so many people that share the same addictions as I do.. stone, bone, wood, and feathers... good times!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:17:24 pm »
I only made it down once so far.  It was one of the best weekend's of my life.  Hanging out with the folks from PA and just B.S. ing with them is by far the best part in my opinion. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 01:18:31 am »
All of it...except the rain. It won't rain this year though ::)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:00:35 am »
i drove 17 hrs there and 17 hrs back to hang out for 8 hrs with these guys. id do it again in a heart beat
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 08:48:14 am »
I'm with Pat I like the rain ;),and also the ticks[Hillbilly] he is a magnet. ;) :) I love the bow making but mostly I like watching the people having a good time, Last year on Sat. night ,it was pouring rain and I was in the the consession stand leaning against the counter by myself which is odd,I guess I was mopping because of all the work we had done to try and have everything just right for all our friends,feeling sorry for myself on top of that,then I just looked across to the bow shop/napping pit and through all the rain,I mean looked like a water fall coming off the roofs there was a big crowd under every roof,laughing/talking /busting rock/tillering and scraping on bows just having a big old time,no one seemed to care that we were having, what they called a 500 year flood. Then it hit me,it's all about the people,so I pulled up my boots and went over and jumped right in the middle of the fun.I told some guys the next morning how sorry I was about all the rain and one said,It rained,I hadn't noticed. :) :) It s is a special event
thats for sure,it's like a home coming ,you meet people that you have never meet face to face and seems you have known them all you life. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 11:40:42 am »
Been waiting two years to go.  Got the time already scheduled off from work and a new ride to take me there.  Can't wait... 
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »
After going to the Classic for 3 or 4 years now all I can say is the part I like best about it is not missing it!  ;D   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline johnston

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 02:58:15 pm »
Thanks to all of you especially Mrs. Mullet. For some strange reason my bride of almost 30 years doesn't take my word as gospel but she will believe another lady in a heartbeat. As for the guy's comments it sounds like I hoped it would. Really looking forward to it.

Lane

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:00 pm »
Lane;

The wife says,' your welcome". If I hadn't made it back from Brazil in time last year, she was going without me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?