Author Topic: P.A. and it's members are the best!  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
P.A. and it's members are the best!
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:13:01 am »
Let me start with a little story.  I recently had a sour experience on another forum that I will not name, and was accused of "working the board for profit".   I joined it last October and didn't post much.  When I felt I had something to contribute, I made a post showing some of my creations, which I was quite proud of.  The thread went on for 5 pages of people welcoming me, encouraging me and thanking me for posting them.  Then out of no where, the thread disappears.  When I asked for an explaination from one of the mods, he tells me:

1. "I'm new" (like that's wrong?)
2. "I have a lot of bling" (I think that was a compliment, but not sure why that warrants having my thread removed)
3. "4 pages into your thread, you told people to PM you for your web address" - This blew me away, because in their profile settings, there is a spot to enter your homepage.  If anyone wanted to know it, all they had to do is look at my profile.  Apparently it's ok to put it there, but heaven forbid that you ever mention it!  The ironic thing is that it was that forum's members that encouraged me to put the website together, after I had made the post... what a joke. 

This guy kept going on about how I was only there to sell stuff, and he couldn't let me do that to his paying sponsors.  I could understand his logic, if it were actually true and he had some reason to believe it, but not once did I mention selling anything.  They must have really had some bad experiences in the past I guess, to be that paranoid.  I couldn't believe this guy.  Needless to say, I won't be posting there any more...

And that's about when I started thinking about how lucky we all are to have a resource like this forum available, and how rare it is these days to find a group of people like this, that treat each other with such respect and dignity.  I honestly believe that any one of you guys would give me the shirt off your back if I needed it.   I can't think of single offensive word that I've seen come from the keyboards of you guys since I joined.  All you care about is doing what we do - and encouraging primitive archery!

So kudos to the members of P.A., where the exchange of knowledge is encouraged, people respect each other, and criticism is constructive (mostly  ;) )

Also kudos to the mods and admins that keep this place going - you do an amazing job.  There's a reason that the first and last thing I do on any given day is check in on your forum!  I think it's time to get that 3 year subscription that I've been procrastinating :)

Offline Bevan R.

Re: P.A. and it's members are the best!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 12:56:02 pm »
There was a thread here a little while ago that said it best..

"Friend I have never met!!!"

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 01:13:38 pm »
There was a thread here a little while ago that said it best..

"Friend I have never met!!!"

Bevan R

;)

I venture to other forums too every now and again, but PA is home!  Even our occasional spats are almost familial in nature :D

Cam, I think maybe it was compliment...Your website is so well done it could only be a professional commercial page ;D ;)
Nate Danforth

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »
Cam, if the thread went on for 4 to 5 pages(I know the one btw.LOL) then the mods probably got forced into the action by the sponsors(my guess anyway). But you are right I love this site, I dont contribute much but everybody is civil to me and I with them(I hope). I check out all the other sites but dont comment much just feel more comfortable here. btw The indian head arm guard is awsome.lol
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

HatchA

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:23:16 pm »
I understand what you're talking about, Cam, having been member, Mod, then Admin on a forum for sword collectors that was actually set up by the owner of an online sword/knife selling business.

It was verging on paranoic behaviour though, when he disabled the PM function because he said "...members were sending each other information on other sword-selling sites..." etc.

I'm looking forward to checking out your site :)

Steve.

Offline SiongSA

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »
Hear, hear! All i get from the P.A family is helpfulness, inspiration and more helpfulness ;D never been on a forum like this now i come to think of it...

Sion,
South africa

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 04:22:43 pm »
Cam,
   You are right about this site!!!  I have enjoyed a very warm welcome.  My "snake skinning day" has gone on for a few pages, but I aint sold a one.. Traded lots of em, but anyway.  Sorry you had that experience.  I have made trades with folks on here, shipped the stuff and never thought twice about not getting my trade in return.  there is a real honor system here and it is based on the Golden Rule ;D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24:50 pm »
I agree 100%.  I have had some threads dissapear from probably the same place.  When I asked why, I was told that I used the words "compound bow", and that I mentioned I was going to stop hunting with my selfbow that year because I didn't feel confident that I could kill anything.  A lot of people offered support and suggested books and videos to help me out.  I didn't get to write any of it down before the thread was yanked.  I still visit that site, but don't post very often.  This is my favorite archery site by far, and I can't wait to meet some of the fine folks from here at the Classic in a few weeks.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 06:11:34 pm »
I never knew that archery was ever primitive until I came here I was looking for info to make a better homemade bow for myself not wanting to get into the commercialized world of wheels and gadgets thats when I stumbled onto this place. I have never felt a need to look anywhere else. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Kegan

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 06:43:43 pm »
Agreed!

I'd happily give any of you the shirt from my back... but it'd probably be a symbolic gesture, as I'm not sure anyone would want it ;D

Offline sailordad

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:05 pm »
yup this place is the best with the best  ;)

i used to be on another site,posted frequently too
had a thread on the trade section with some of my knapped items
and it got pulled and i got warned for interfering in others trades
cause imentione to one guy that was selling some primitive arrows
he stated they had cahokia style points,and they clearly were not that type of point
so i mentioned to him his error
the mod told me that this isnt tollerated aand there wasnt going to be any discussing it
another told me i better watch it or he would put out my persoanl info
i told them all to go fornicate with themselves,then told them to delete everything and anything i ever did on that site

after all i was here before that place and i always come back here
heck this site is my home page when i log onto the internet  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »
Cam, I didn't mean to imply that you were selling goods. I checked out your website. It looks like you at just demonstrating your work and giving gratitude to the folks that helped you become a bowyer. Awesome work!!
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:23:22 am »
No worries man.  Thanks for your interest.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:34:30 am »
 That is a very Professional looking site, Cam. Also some fine looking gear you have made.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NTD

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 01:46:34 am »
It's a great website...btw
Hey Cam, how much for the bow with the laced beaver tail grip?  ;) ;D >:D
Nate Danforth