Author Topic: Does beef come from chicken????  (Read 11024 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Does beef come from chicken????
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:24:03 pm »
One day years ago in the middle of my lesson one of my 8th grade students interupted me and asked, "Mr. Rivera, does beef come from chicken?"

I turned my head a bit and thought about it for a few secs and said, "Yes it does!!!"

I think someday she's gonna get in a fight over Mr. Rivera saying it did come from chicken. I think she had watched one too many Chick Fillet commercials...  >:D 8)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Does beef come from chicken????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »
You're sick, man, Iiii, like it. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:59 pm »
Gracias Mullet....
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

young indian12

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:56:23 pm »
I am laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing...... that is halairious!!!!!

JustinNC

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 06:12:30 pm »
Dad had someone ask him "what kind of tomatoes are those growing on that tree?".....was a pesimmon tree

Offline lowell

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »
I'd like that  beef "chicken fried"!!! >:D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 07:27:43 pm »
I remember when I lived in southern California someone asked me what part of a cow the meat came from.  I told her meat was muscle.  She almost puked on her own shoes.  She refused to believe me so I told her the meat comes from two glands under the cow's ears. 

I am saddened that people are so drastically seperated from their food so as to not understand the most basic concepts.  Makes me wonder if there will come a day that specialized HazMat teams will be called in when someone appears to be dying so that the living will not have to even contemplate death. *sigh*

Sorry, I'm just feeling a bit morbid today.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 09:25:34 pm »
young Indian12--- glad to provide that laughter.. It is funny >:D lowell I like my beef chicken fried too... Haaa haaa  JustinNC-- too funny... Heee heeee.. Love those tomate tree...

Uggg--- JW...  I hear you.. Yes they are but not my kids our your kids or anybodies kids on here for that matter!!!! There is hope  O:)

Offline johnston

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 10:09:10 pm »
Hope remains, I agree but just look what kids learn in school! ;D

Lane

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »
Lordy,lordy,,,im glad im poor and live in the south,,,,kids around here know that kind of thing,,,, ::)  except the imported yankee ones that call coke pop,? What the hell is pop anyway???  I never figgerd that out..............
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

HatchA

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »
People in Ireland think beef comes in handy sized cuts, wrapped in plastic, in the big cold thing at the back of the shop...

They also believe it's naturally bright red in colour and full of water too...

"civilisation" has become too nanny oriented.

JW - I agree!

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »
Lordy,lordy,,,im glad im poor and live in the south,,,,kids around here know that kind of thing,,,, ::)  except the imported yankee ones that call coke pop,? What the hell is pop anyway???  I never figgerd that out..............
Lmao I think the same thing Ohh well we proly confuse them to everything is called coke unless it's a Dr pepper lol  ;)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline sailordad

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 08:36:41 pm »

ok being that i am one of them Ynakees that call "coke"  "pop"

we will straighten something out here

coke = brand name

pop = product

if you walk into a restaurant and ask for a "coke" thats what kind of "pop" they will bring you
if you walk into that same restaurant and ask for a "pop" they will ask "what kind?"
if you go into that restaurant again and ask for a "soda" once again they will ask "what kind?"

as far as "what is pop anyway"

that goes way back to the days of the old soda fountains which were run by "soda jerks"
back then all "pop" was made at the counter when ordered,they used soda water along with flavoring to make your "soda pop" when you ordred it  ;)

pretty easy concept
i have family that was born and raised down south,and they make the same mistake ya'll did  ;D
it took some explaining for them to uderstand it too

not trying to belittle you or anything,but you did ask  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »
Coca Cola's Headquarters is in Atlanta, the Deep South, down here, it's a coke or RC if it's brown. And Pepsi and Crown Royal taste like crap, mixed. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »
It's all cool I figured y'all called it soda pop we call it soda water down here in texas  ;D
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995