Author Topic: the perfect bow  (Read 8025 times)

Offline boo

the perfect bow
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:41:24 am »
well i found the bow for me. i went to the north carolina traditional shoot put on by the CTA last month and was walking around when i seen a rack of bows. there was no one around but there was one bow i had to look at. i fell in love just holding it. it was marked 55lbs@26 and i pull 28 and there was no price tag on it so i didnt get my hopes up. a little latter i went back and thats when i met pat and mike. pat said he made the bow and it was his personal hunting bow for the last two years. he told me it would handle 28'' no problem and he just mite let her go. so i asked him to think about it and let me know. after a sleeples nite i was working my booth when pat came walking up with the bow in hand and some sourwood shoots. i said what are you doing and he said i came to trade you this bow.he couldnt tell it but i about soiled myself. he looked at all my knives and picked one that just happend to be the one i used for the last two years and was selling. the bow and the knife was made in 2005 . i hope pat likes his knife as much as i like my bow.i never even shot the bow and made the trade. tell ya the truth i didnt care how it shot i wanted it.but after a long day wanting to shoot the bow but stuck in my booth i finally got to shoot her. and sure enough the first shot was a perfect shot where i was looking. i was shooting today with some new sourwood arrows i made and i just cant miss out to 20 yrds, i tell ya its a match made in heaven. thanks pat
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: the perfect bow
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:00:28 am »
Bobby, I'm as thrilled as you are. I love my new knife and  am pleased that you are enjoying
"Dragonfly". She served me well for 2 hunting seasons and I hope she does the same for you. The bow Bobby chose is a 60" osage static recurve with western diamond back backing. This is the bow pictured on my cards.
  Bobby, Keep me informed about how she's doing. It's good when a child moves on to greener pastures. I know ya'll will enjoy each other.  ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 01:24:42 am »
:'( :'( Rip my heart out and run over it with a Mack truck.  :'( :'( 

OK seriously, that sounds like a trade made in heaven.  Bobby, there is no doubt you got a great bow if Pat made it.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline boo

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:27:13 am »
oh man let me tell ya , its awsome. i just like to look at it. my wife is sick of it allready , i guess its because ive showed it to her a dozen times ;D
Boo

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:04:24 am »
Sounds like a well done trade, I'm surprised Justin didn't mention this but PICTURES eh. ;)

BTW did that bow have one of Pat's worlk famous strings on it ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 08:06:32 am »
boo sounds like you got a deal,Pat make some fine looking bows and if it had one of his world famous strings you really got a deal,lucky it didn't take 2/3 knives to get it from him. ::)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 08:19:05 am »
That was a fine looking knife that you traded for the bow, also. Let me tell you, Boo makes some of the best looking forged knives that I've seen in awhile. I was drooling looking at his knives much like he described looking at Pat's bow. If I'd had a few more green pieces of paper in my pocket, that cable damascus knife would have went home with me.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 08:40:44 am »
The cool thing about that exchange is that you've both made a new friend, and you'll both enjoy your trades for many years to come. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 10:32:33 am »
Sounds like a well done trade, I'm surprised Justin didn't mention this but PICTURES eh. ;)

BTW did that bow have one of Pat's worlk famous strings on it ;) ;D
Yes, my bad Dana. How about some pictures of the happy couple after such joyous union.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline boo

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 01:13:52 pm »
hey hillbilly hows it going? thanks for the compliment.

i do feel like i made some new friends and cant wait till next time we get together and shoot some. pat and hillbilly are some of the most generous guys around ,all you have to do is ask and they go above and beyond .

ill get some pics of the bow with some new arrows with me shooting and post soon. if i can figure it out. ill try a pic of the knife . boohttp://usera.imagecave.com/bobbykeller/knives048.jpghttp://usera.imagecave.com/bobbykeller/knives050.jpg
Boo

Offline boo

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:17:17 pm by boo »
Boo

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 10:23:13 pm »
Yes I was there and i believe you did soil yourself Bobby. Or maybe that was just too many days of camping!! lmao. But both Bobby and Pat are true craftsmen. I just hope I will stick to it and eventually be as good as them. Great knives and great bows, What a combination.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 12:37:02 am »
Thanks Nugget. You saw which knife I took. The one Bobby used for 2 years. Lots of good medicine!      Two things you need to make good bows and good knives...time and patience. You'll get there.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 01:22:00 pm »
Boo has helped me make my first knife . He has got the skills. Watching him do it , then i do it and i feel like a child trying to do it .He makes the best knives i have seen. Everybody should own one of his knives.You would never need another one. Bobbys knives are built to last!!!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!