Author Topic: 2011 Tenn Classic Picture thread  (Read 20082 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: 2011 Tenn Classic Picture thread
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 06:53:58 pm »
Yeah I really wanted to go too... hate that I had to miss it but there was too much we had to do around here because of the tornadoes.  :(
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:58 pm »
Wow John, Bonnie really caught the Classic on your camera, I had such a good time helping your two beautiful kids shooting at the practice range, it's so heartwarming to see all the kids that are shooting, building, and just plain enjoying the spirit of archery, knapping, and the classic. I met some neat people, some with interesting stories, some that were just plain nice people. Clint, it was nice to meet you and your son, I'm glad we were able to make a trade, I hope when I finish your Dads knifes that you're pleased and that he enjoys them.
Outback Bob, how did the homecoming with the new puppy go? hope you're not out in the doghouse with your new buddy.
I'll post a few pictures that Bonnie maybe didn't get hope you all enjoy them

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 10:45:03 pm »
more

Offline Otis

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »
Great pictures!!!  It was a tough weekend at work. All of the fun that I knew was going on and I was missing it. Glad the weather was as good as it was. Pappy and the Twin Oaks boys needed one like that.  :) Going to try not to let that happen again and miss one.
                                                                                        David

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 10:50:28 pm »
And more

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:44 am »
Just looking at the map picture with the pins on it, are those pins of people that show where they came from?  If so, you mean there was not a single person from Virginia there?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:30 am »
I believe there were People from Virginia...kinda hard to tell in that picture...I think there were many more that came after this Picture was taken...there was one more from Texas that's not on there too
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

JustinNC

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:41 am »
I never pinned the map either. If bryan irwin did then I may as well have. Same place, 5min apart.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 10:23:14 am »
Some people forgot or didn't know about it,also we ran out of pins. ;) :) :) We did have people from 4 country's Canada.Mexico,Germany and England.Pretty cool and all over these fine United States. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

HatchA

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:02 am »
Just looking at the map picture with the pins on it, are those pins of people that show where they came from?  If so, you mean there was not a single person from Virginia there?

Count the number of fingers on the hands of people in the pic's...  Sure-fire way of identifying Virginians ;)

We do the same for people from Cavan - coincidentally...  there's a town called Virginia there too ;D

Offline Parnell

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 11:36:48 am »
So good to see these pictures, it was a great time, for us it really couldn't have been better.  I was so wrapped up in it, I forgot to take pictures thinking Angie would.  Oh well, guess she was having too much fun, also.  I think my favorite thing was when she turned to me and said, "we're coming back here every year."  OK!!! ;D
It truly was a pleasure to meet so many outstanding people.  It felt like an extended family.  I can't wait to return, and when I do, I'll be bringing more strange south florida materials and a wife that is shooting the course!
1’—>1’

Offline BearG

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 11:43:07 am »
So good to see these pictures, it was a great time, for us it really couldn't have been better.  I was so wrapped up in it, I forgot to take pictures thinking Angie would.  Oh well, guess she was having too much fun, also.  I think my favorite thing was when she turned to me and said, "we're coming back here every year."  OK!!! ;D
It truly was a pleasure to meet so many outstanding people.  It felt like an extended family.  I can't wait to return, and when I do, I'll be bringing more strange south florida materials and a wife that is shooting the course!
I've said it before "Like a family reunion where you like everyone there". ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline greenfoot

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 01:05:38 pm »
Hello Pappy THANK_YOU for haveing me and my son at your gathering,it was our first time there and I hope to be there next year if my health holds up.
We had a good time and meet some nice folkes from Mississippi that camp next to us and have been coming for years. I hope to make the IBO shoot in July.
IBO shoot here in IN is 14-15 May  So long for now Watching for my picture you took. :)

Offline cracker

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 01:38:01 pm »
I usually take a bunch of pics but none this year every time I'd head to the truck for my camera I'd get side tracked talking to someone and forget it. Oh well maybe next year.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 01:58:11 pm »
Ronnie....don't keep bad....I took my two cameras...and my camcorder...and never got any of them out of the Truck once....too much going on this year....all fun too...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome