Author Topic: Tenn. Classic Gift  (Read 8676 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Tenn. Classic Gift
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »
great looking bow but id rather see more pics of the wife  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 11:59:07 pm »
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, and I'm glad you like it Eddie! I just wanted to give a little something back to one of the most generous people on the board. Eddie has always selflessly given away loads of stuff to newbies not expecting little or anything in return and whenever a trade deal has gone south Eddie is always one of the first ones to step up and volunteer to make it right even though he had nothing to do with it. So kudos to you Eddie. You da man ! You deserve it ! I hope you get some use of that stick. We want some pictures when you get some hog blood on it!
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:09 am »
Jamie ;D. Where ya been Ryano? Guess like me your endeavering to persevere in other fields?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Ryano

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:36 am »
Very nice bow......that dye job is crazy :o.......I like it a lot.....how is that done? If it isn't a highly secret technique, one of those "I'll tell ya, but then  I'll hafta kill you" things........I'd rather not know if that is the case ;D
Darcy

No big secret Darcy. I've been showing/telling people how to do this for a couple of years.  First I spray a light coat of finish in this case spray laquer on the entire bow and let it dry for 10- 15 minutes then I apply the base color to just the back of the bow,which on this bow is feiblings(alcohol based) tan leather dye with a paper towel. Then I applied the red dye(same brand, type) to the back of the bow with a wrinkled up plastic bag. Then the same with the black dye.  (you can experiment with different colors also) Here's a tip you need to use the dye on the plastic bag sparingly. You need it to almost be semi dry on the bag or your pattern will bleed all over the place. Once its all done I use a scraper and sand paper to clean up the edges of the limbs where the dye runs over. Getting the nice straight lines down the edges really makes it look clean and neat.  Hope this helps clear up the mistery for ya!  ;D

Offline Ryano

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 12:31:34 am »
Jamie ;D. Where ya been Ryano? Guess like me your endeavering to persevere in other fields?

Oh, I've been around Paul. Just not posting as much as I used too. Not building nearly as many bows either....
You know how life tends to get in the way of our fun!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37:47 am »
I'm all over that Ryan - I know :-X! Thats one fine looking weapon you built there as usual. I haven't touched one in about three years, just knapping. Oh well, times a healer :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jpitts

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 12:47:25 am »
I've never seen a prettier bow. Love the dye job and the leather. Fantastic job Ryano.
Congrats Eddie.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline DEllis

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 01:12:42 am »
Very nice bow......that dye job is crazy :o.......I like it a lot.....how is that done? If it isn't a highly secret technique, one of those "I'll tell ya, but then  I'll hafta kill you" things........I'd rather not know if that is the case ;D
Darcy

No big secret Darcy. I've been showing/telling people how to do this for a couple of years.  First I spray a light coat of finish in this case spray laquer on the entire bow and let it dry for 10- 15 minutes then I apply the base color to just the back of the bow,which on this bow is feiblings(alcohol based) tan leather dye with a paper towel. Then I applied the red dye(same brand, type) to the back of the bow with a wrinkled up plastic bag. Then the same with the black dye.  (you can experiment with different colors also) Here's a tip you need to use the dye on the plastic bag sparingly. You need it to almost be semi dry on the bag or your pattern will bleed all over the place. Once its all done I use a scraper and sand paper to clean up the edges of the limbs where the dye runs over. Getting the nice straight lines down the edges really makes it look clean and neat.  Hope this helps clear up the mistery for ya!  ;D
Thanks for the detailed description of the process, I'll have to give it a try.
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:16 am »
Beautiful bow,I seen Ryan putting the finishing touches on that one,at least I think it was. Nice work Ryan and congrats Eddie. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 11:07:08 am »
Thanks Everyone for the nice comments. That was the one Pappy. Your welcome Darcy. Hope it works for ya.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »
I've never seen a prettier bow. ...

I've seen some bows one here that were as pretty as this one. Lot of them were made by someone named Ryan O'Sullivan...  ;D
Just kidding, keep coming back to look at it; it IS a really nice bow!
Frank from Germany...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 12:11:48 am »
I really like it and feel very honored to be gifted with it. And it shoots great.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Ryano

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 09:41:21 pm »
I'm Glad y'all like it. Especially you Eddie.
Thanks for all the complements everyone.  Your too much Frank.  ::)  ;D

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 02:37:01 am »
Great work Ryan!  I love it. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee