Author Topic: targets  (Read 1975 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
targets
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »
This idea is for the cheap newbies as I'm an emerging cheap newbie.I've been using round bale net wrapping as fill material for targets in nylon bags.Any good woven net grass seed bag or as I use a North American Fur Auction bag works.The arrows retrieve from the net wrap very very easily,just using two fingers.Lots better than plastic sheeting or visqueen as i was told to use in the beginning.Takes about 50 netwraps from 50 bales though to fill a 3 by 4 bag.I need them that big.Need lots of practice but getting better.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: targets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
Nuttin' wrong with that target!  Straw bales are cheap in some places, too.  Howard Hill used a pile of sand. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:33 pm »
i too make my own
i like to use spary expanin foam insulation
i fill cardboard boxes,old turkey decoys and the like
works great
but you have to slowly fill them or the center takes for ever to cure
a later or two a day untill they are full,and then no mess on the arrow shaft when its pulled out  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 04:00:33 am »
I take old cloths I dont wear and tear them into pieces and fill a burlap bag you couldnt shoot through them at close range with the most powerful bow even at point blank range if you pack them in there a little and arrows pull right out with two fingers. easy and cheap  http://archeryreport.com/2011/04/diy-lifetime-archery-target/ this is the basic idea but I make mine more simple ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)