Author Topic: Plum Branch  (Read 14964 times)

Offline Blacktail

Re: Plum Branch
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:59 pm »
nice tiller and the finish work is great..i really love it and i like how you used the big redwood for the back ground..most people dont get to see the big red woods...now you just have to shoot a blacktail with it...john

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 03:32:11 pm »
This might be the crest of the wave of beautiful bows that is hitting the PA shores lately.
(Dang I'm such a poet sometimes...)
Frank from Germany...

Offline Cooper

• "I believe in … surprise"
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »
Just fantastic, I like this "bark-backing", it looks great.
Niels Böttcher - "Cooper" (PA) = "Botjer" (FC+FA)
"If this day wasn't your friend it was your teacher …"

Offline Badger

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 03:20:08 pm »
   Great looking bow, I am starting to favor plum over osage. You did an excellent job on that one. Steve

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »
looks lke evryone really likes this one, so thought I'd chime in and say 'nice bow' as well....., didnt realise such a small branch would make a decent bow.
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline Will H

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 01:49:25 am »
Man I love that BOW!! You got my vote! :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Josh B

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 09:34:31 pm »
BEAUTIFUL!!!  Love the bark on the handle, the color, and the save on the tear.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 01:23:55 am »
I know this is an older thread, but I had another peek and couldn't not comment on how much I like the looks of this bow - it seems very plain or natural, but still a work of art. 

Gabe - Just wondering, how is the bow holding up?  And is the bark still well-attached? I'm just curious because I have some chokecherry seasoning, and would like to attempt a similar bow at some point.  I would contemplate leaving the bark on, just because it looks so damn cool, if I knew it wouldn't come loose eventually.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 10:39:26 am »
Wild....The more I see great bows like this one, the more I realize I'll never look at trees the same. There's bows in them there woods!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline dwardo

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:25 am »
She is very very pretty nice work. I think the finish is nice too cant see a problem with it at all infact.
I feel for you about the splinter but thats our choice of material for ya, sometimes it just has other ideas that dont involve us.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 11:06:07 am »
I know your not supposed to say who you voted for BOY............so I wont...........
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TheWildCat

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:01 am »
Thats a fine lookin bow. I really like it. The color is great as well. Nice touch on the Bark handle and Heart Wood Rest. When I think there is no new concepts out there, y'all just keep comin up with new ideas.
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat

Offline Dazv

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »
awsome looking bow.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:14 pm »
My offer still stands Mr. Rossfactor.  If you are really all that displeased with the shellac finish I will gratefully send you the cost of shipping, packing materials, and even your gas money to get it to the post office. 

Simply gorgeous, ya done good.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:44 pm »
Arg, sorry I missed that this had come up.  Life is moving fast right now, the wife is pregnant with our first, we're buying a house and I'm putting the finishing touches on my master thesis.  So needless to say, I haven't had much time to engage in our beloved hobby.  BUt i try to check into PA whenever I've got a spare moment. There's some awesome work being done right now by y'all.

Cameroo the bow is holding up well, but I haven't shot it much recently.  I shot it a lot for the first couple months and as usuall got interested in other projects.  I'll give it a whirl this weekend and let you know.

JW_ The shellac has held up well, with no signs of cracking.   I think next time I will use the poweder and cut it myself with mineral spirits. That way I can put it on more evenly and avoid some of the runs etc.

Thanks y'all, you've re-inspired me to make wood chips.  As soon as June comes i'll be back in the saddle.

gabe
Humboldt County CA.