Author Topic: Sturgeon skins?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline chadthompson

Sturgeon skins?
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:19:34 pm »
  Does anyone know where to buy sturgeon skin for backing a bow? I live in Utah and can't seem to find a place to get it. any help would be appreciated

Offline sailordad

Re: Sturgeon skins?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »
good luck with that

they are a protected species here in minnesota
i can catch them but have to release any i catch
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »
I have a couple guys saving them for me when they catch them  but I havent got any yet so we will see where that goes. I may post something on craigs list and see how that goes, if I get any I will pm ya and we can work something out. You may want to try the tradeing post too. Sorry I couldnt anwser your question I did a google search and didnt find anything good?

Couple or three years ago they were thick in one of the local rivers and we just killed them but at that time I wasnt saving the skins. I also have some guys saving me there brown and green lincod skins and I need to go pick some of those up.
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline chadthompson

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »
   Thanks guys, guess i'll just keep looking. I do have some mahi mahi skin left over from an ash bow i covered about a year and a half ago.

Offline rainman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 09:29:28 pm »
Ted Fry at Raptor Archery sometimes has them.