Author Topic: where it begins  (Read 1037 times)

Offline iowabow

where it begins
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:01:41 pm »
About 5 or 6 months ago I got serious about making arrow heads. What I mean is that I stopped just relying on a flake that I could shape to look like an arrowhead and started really trying to learn the basics of what the pros here on PA were teaching beginners.  I still consider myself a beginner and a student of the masters here on PA.  I thought it would be fun for you to see where I started and for those just starting to know it is not impossible if you are making points like the ones below

(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline nclonghunter

Re: where it begins
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
Iowabow, thanks for posting those points. From what you have been posting recently, I wouldn't know it is the same person. Congrats on your progress and encouragement to others. You're right about learning from the masters on here, I have picked up some pointers from what the best have said on here and I use it to get a little better at solving a problem.

I always thought golf was difficult until I tried Knapping.. :P

Lyman
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline warhawk

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:08:00 am »
the more you practice the better you get. Hey if i found those i would be very happy.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline Tower

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:16:10 pm »
Practice,practice,practice,& fun,fun,fun. Thats how they are made. But I sometimes wonder how the ancients felt about making them . Were they a burden, indifferent to it, or relaxing& fun. Nice points.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!