Author Topic: Silver maple longbow, some finished/fulldraw pics and a shooting video.  (Read 3722 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Specs: 78" or so nock to nock. 70# @ 28". (hense the "longbow" instead of "warbow"). Haven't measured the wideth or thickness but it is a traditional d section. Have got probably around 100 arrows out of her and so far have about 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" resting set, maybe a bit more just after shooting a bit. I made it from a pretty small sappling, maybe and inch and a half in diameter if that, probably less. The horn nocks are from rudder bows. Btw, if anyone knows, if a bow of this weight and specs is drawn to 32", can anyone estimate the weight? I have heard that a warbow/longbows force draw curve is close to a straight line,...

Heres a youtube vid of me shooting er out in my backyard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pw1nUXPhyM
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Nice looking Bow....never tried Silver Maple before...but I love all the others for Bow Wood....Got one Question though...whats up with the right hand draw...and right hand Arrow Placement? Never seen this without a Thumb Ring before...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline toomanyknots

Oh, thats just the way I started shooting when I was little and never gave it up. Can't hit squat with the arrow on the other side,  ;D.

Offline toomanyknots

Looks great. Really nice job on the nocks

lol, can't take credit for those, bought em from rudderbows. But rudderbows does do a real fine job on thier nocks!   ;D

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
Great bow man!

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
Nice looking bow, very interesting shooting style. 
Traverse City, MI