Author Topic: What the....... Are they ?  (Read 61295 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: What the....... Are they ?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2007, 07:45:12 pm »
Jeesh, and I though I had bad friends!!!  ::)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2007, 02:32:14 pm »
Where I have never field dressed a deer, I could tell you how step by step.   

Marie, could you step us through field-dressing a buck?...I think I've forgotten how... ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »
Actually can you show us how its done?  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 03:33:08 pm »
                                    RUTT-ROE!!!! This outta be good ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o....bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 05:24:35 pm »
How about we get a critter to pit BBQ at the Tennessee Classic next year.  Marie can do a demonstration on killing and cleaning.  :o :o :o Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 06:07:45 pm »
Ok lets see first step...you actually have to kill the deer...this is maybe why you have forgotten how.  Once you have done that let me know I can walk you through it  :P
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2007, 11:36:29 am »

Ok lets see first step...you actually have to kill the deer...this is maybe why you have forgotten how.  Once you have done that let me know I can walk you through it

Can you step us through the process now? Hurry, he's beginning to stiffen up! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2007, 11:46:27 am »
Wow Greg, its only June. Those white tail sure do lose their velvet early.  ;) ;D  I can walk you through cutting the legs off and harvesting the sinew. Then you can send it to me since you don't know what to do with it anyway.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »

Yeah Justin, he must be an exceptional buck to have a mature rack so early in the year.  ;D

After Marie steps us through the field dressing process, then we can talk about the proper techniquie to remove sinew. ;) ;D

I'm sorry Marie, why should I expect you to teach me proper field dressing of a deer when your front porch is still void of wine? ;)
Greg

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2007, 02:10:38 pm »
If you need help from Marie, you better get it before she gets more wine.  She will be in no condition to help after.  ;) Justin

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2007, 08:51:27 pm »
I will walk you through it if you are going to eat it after it has been waiting...how many months????
Ok well I always watched from a "meat house" that was on the property so they had hooks to hang the deer...ok I go from that point? Let's see how I do and I am sure (in fact would bet my life savings which isn't much ) that justin will correct me...
Ok take a knife and slit on the ankle part of each hind foot to stick the hooks into it then hang it upside down...so far so good?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2007, 09:23:23 pm »
Who you betting?  For that amount of money I can keep my mouth shut.  ;) I'm not correcting you on this one.  Send the cash tomarrow.   ;D Justin

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2007, 08:30:43 am »

Marie, I'm not so sure since I've forgotten and all...but I think you're off to a shakey start on field-dressing. :)

Field dressing is getting what's inside, out. You was off to a great start on getting one skinned though! ;)
Greg

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2007, 12:47:53 pm »
Well don't you have to hang it upside down and then cut a slit from the pooper down through the chest, let the watery stuff gush out and then pull out all the guts?  ;)  They stink and there are a lot of them but if you have a few dogs around, they generally will clean up the mess.   ;D.  There was this little dog look like tripod but with four legs...he would start at one end of the entrails and work his way all the way to the other... :P

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
Marie, I couldn't have explained it any better myself...I think you nailed it! ;D
Greg