Author Topic: How to succesfully reduce point weight!  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
How to succesfully reduce point weight!
« on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:23 pm »
Drove home from Houston TX to MO yesterday and stopped at a rest area where I found this rock. It works really nicely and I got a bit careless as it is so much easier to work than this chert I have up here, and I broke one of the ears off. I think it will still work to hunt with though.
Mark

p.s. what kind of rock is this? Don't have anything like it here.
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: How to succesfully reduce point weight!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:54:54 pm »
Not exactly sure what that is but it could be like so much of the rock down here, some kind of pedernales. There are sand plants along a lot of the rivers and creeks that sift the sand out of the river gravel and a lot of it is chert. Could be some of the fill out of one of them quarry's. Yeah, i think that'll still stick a critter :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
I agree with Cowboy. Not sure where ya found it but I've seen similar material here in TX. & I works pretty good raw.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:39:01 pm »
Look's like "good" rock to me. Nice point.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?