Author Topic: one arrow quiver  (Read 15887 times)

Offline boo

one arrow quiver
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:30:53 pm »
does anyone have any pics for a one arrow quiver? im going to makeone and was just wondering how to keeo it on the bow. do you just put the hood on the bow and hold the shaft with your hand or do you have a way of fastening the shaft also? i know there are some neet ideas out there so lets see them. bobby
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: one arrow quiver
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:03:55 pm »
Bobby, The ones I have Art B made. I'll take a pic and post it for you. It has an elastic thong through a hole at the top that ties to the bow limb and you hold the shaft with your bow hand. Works very well. I used mine on every hunt last year in Colorado.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 03:11:14 pm »
                          ;D................bob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:28:39 pm »
Is that the hand of your porter that caries your extra arrow for you. Does he also carry your game back out for you when you are successful.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »
Here are the pics....     Pat

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 03:43:36 pm »
Bobby, This one has a place for 2 thongs but the top one is all that is necessary and in many cases if you use the top and bottom thong to secure it to your bow your arrow is in a bind while carrying it.
   Pat

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 04:27:18 pm »
             ;) ;D.......bob

Offline Kegan

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 05:28:54 pm »
I perosnally like Bob's quiver- it's multi-functional! ;D

jamie

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »
bob you beat me to it. i have the upgraded version though. it carries 3. lol

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »
........................... Wow, upgraded version, pixs please ! Actually I have a 2 one in mouth , one in hand ! ;D;)..bob

Offline Kegan

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 06:32:57 pm »
Okay, you guys wold know this- when Native Americans carried arrows in their bow hands, didn't this affect their shot if they were using D-bows? Would it crunch the arrows ????

jamie

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 08:24:32 pm »
ive never had a problem. i do find there is a sweet spot though. that way the shafts dont slap and spook the game.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 08:40:49 pm »
Okay, you guys wold know this- when Native Americans carried arrows in their bow hands, didn't this affect their shot if they were using D-bows? Would it crunch the arrows ????
That would be Bob you are describing.  His arrow looks fine to me.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 11:44:30 am »
Pat that is a great idea. I may have to try that. I personally can't stand to have another arrow in my hand bow hand when shooting. I can't seem to keep if from slapping the bow when I shoot. But it may be that I am not holding the arrow correctly. It looks like that might be easier to control the arrow since one side of the arrow will secured to the bow.

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 11:49:29 am »
    I feel uncomfortable carrying an unsheathed broadhead while walking. :o This way the broadhead is protected and so am I. ;)  These can also be used not attached to the bow but just as a broadhead cover.   Pat
ps. This is one of those.."why didn't I think about that?...situations. ::)