Author Topic: Making use of my scraps  (Read 5343 times)

Offline Bow Nut

Making use of my scraps
« on: June 18, 2011, 03:42:38 pm »
I had a few scraps laying around so I thought I would put them to use.  I named this one scrappy lol.  It is only 33 inches t2t and pulls 30 pounds at 16 inches I am afraid to pull it any further.  I was just for fun but actually came out to a decent shooting bow.  could call it the pocket bow. 

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Making use of my scraps
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 07:56:40 pm »
Awsome! that would make a great kids bow for a youngin. Way to make use of scrap and the tiller looks good too! Nice job! Is that a pawn shop your at? ;D

Josh
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:02:30 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20:59 pm »
Sweet lil shooter there.....ahh what the heck ... pull her back to twenty and see what happens.  ;D

I did this a lil over a month ago with a 30" scrap piece and experimented with a design. There fun to make n play with and don't take long to make it either.

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »
yea I just might try to pull it further but it starts stacking bad.  yea I run a pawn shop in my spare time lol.  It is my dads shop I have been running it for 5 years now.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 01:09:39 am »
Neat little bow. I make them too and then give them to one of the kids in the neighborhood, I guess I'm the "Pusherman".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 01:11:09 am »
Ok so i tried you suggestion and pulled it to 20 inches and it did fine.  it looked like a "U" but it held up.  I pulled 40 pounds at 20 inches.  and shoots like a rocket.  It actually fits in my pocket well enough not to fall out.  some short arrows I could have a pocket bow that could take a deer lol.  it is amazing what osage can do if tillered well.

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 01:12:48 am »
 ;D Nice dont take much Osage to make a bow.

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 08:25:06 am »
Awesome....Osage is some good stuff. Did u by chance snap a pic of that?

Offline dwardo

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 10:22:44 am »
Cool lookin bow. I might try and make something like it my self for playing indoors.

Offline ohma2

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:37 am »
i to make alot of them , fun to hand one of them to a youngster and watch their eyes light up.

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »
yea I took a pic on my cell phone but do not have internet service on it so can download it but could text it.  I decided while i was experamenting to take it further and I heat bent the tips into a recurve and they are curing now I am letting them gain a bit of moisture back before i mess with it any futher.  at 20 inches it felt like I hit a brick wall there was so much stack so I recurved it and I am going to see just how far it will pull with a lower sting angle.  I will take photos of that and post.

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 01:52:13 pm »
ok so I got the recurve done and cured here is the final product befor finish work.  it is pulled to 21 inches

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »
Damn!!! That is wicked!! I would love to have a bow like that to use out of a kayak!!! Awesome job and great tiller.. What does it pull at 21 inches and how much set did it take?

Offline wildman

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 02:06:16 pm »
Conceiled carry bow
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »
Conceiled carry bow

;D

Thats looking NICE!!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)