Linked Events

• N.C. Primitive Skills Rendez: October 03, 2008 - October 05, 2008

Author Topic: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.  (Read 97493 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2007, 07:11:44 pm »
Getting closer all the time. I still am willing to help out how ever I can.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

DBernier

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 02:38:57 pm »
Thanks Nugget. We will get a short biography of each volunteer later and then assign them to a director putting together their skills along with others in the same category. That way no one person has to coordinate the events.  ;D  Oh my, that would be me.  :-[ I have done this type of organizing before and it is just a process of dotting your "I", and crossing your "T". I do not want, say one person dedicated to bow building all day and night. Lets say for example one  hour on, with two or three hrs off, with a crew of four or five people filling in, in one hour shifts.  It will be fun. Pass the word. Yes Marie, I will call you for help.  ;)

Your benevolent dictator   >:D

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 07:53:24 am »
As a side note, I will be in Florida on some personal business from Jan 12th till Jan 29 including the Alafia Rendezvous from Jan 17th thru to the 27th. Should have something posted on events etc. before I go for you people to chew on.

Your benevolent dictator   >:D

Dick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2008, 10:32:34 am »
Dick, Look for Alan Brown at Alafai. He will have a ton of flint locks he will be selling. You met him last year at the Hickory shoot. Crazy looking guy with white hair and a full white beard(if he hadn't shaved it) He is originally from New Hampshire but now lives in Hendersonville.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2008, 01:35:23 pm »
I remember him and will look him up.

Dick

Dingleberry

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 04:01:42 pm »
Dick, I would love to help as someones assistant.  I can't say I'm good enough at anything to lead a class....except maybe procrastinating ;D  In fact, I will probably attend some of those classes and be competing with the younger kids....hahaha.....and they will still beat me.  Let me know what I can do. :)

DBernier

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2008, 04:18:17 pm »
OK Well I'm back. Had downed email for while, a long while, with the WORST provider on the planet--Wildblue--. This provider, satelite service, is worst than AOL on dial-up in the 90's.
  Now for some good news and bad--well not so bad, news. I have picked Sept 11 thru Sept 14th as the days for the knap-in and Primitive Skills get together here in the Mebane NC area. I had to pick a date and this is it. I can change it but it suits our people closest here the best.
  Now for some background info. The land is owned by a man well respected in this comunity. He is currently in a health care facility, put there by his wife. Wait it gets better. She was murdered sometime around Nov 28 or the 29th. The fellow working with me on this is her step son. The estate lawyers, gotta love these guys, have a lien on the property now for debts etc. So it makes our usage of it up in the air. I am being told it will not be resolved by then, so go ahead and have "our thing". I am trying to nail down the liability rider cost of a policy for one week to hold us harmless as well as the land owner. I will also incur a cost for the porta-johns. I am planing on charging a very small fee to the public to park, lets say one dollar per car, this to be used to offset the costs. I will gather ice, at cost, each day for us and there will be sufficient firewood for a week. I am cutting it now and will cut some "on site". I will publish a list of the "stuff" we could do and the shifts I hope to utilize during the day and evening. If you are off that week you can camp there (and help)  all week and then some. I will have maps and a proposed flier that I will distribute over a 50 mile radius. As some of you have seen there is parking for hundreds if not a thousand or more cars. Will we get them? probably not but we are prepared. I will take under advisement all your suggestions and criticisms. I would like you to remember that this is starting out, this year, as being run by a "Benevolent Dictator". In other words the buck has to stop here and my decisions will be based on a lot of input from you and all the volunteers.
  The next posting will list the events and the demonstrations. I have some volunteers to head some of these up already and will put their names alongside the proper category.
   Wel,l here we go.

Dick Bernier
6319 NC Hwy 49
Mebane NC 27302
1 336 562 3700 H est (Call first and leave a message)
1 336 263 8880 Cel
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:51:11 am by DBernier »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 08:32:32 pm »
   Dick, If you were at the Rendevous, you were 20 minutes from my house. Kathie and I were down there the last Saturday of the event. I talked to Vincent and was beating the place dry trying to buy a Flintlock, didn't see Allan. I finally bought one just before I left. You should have called. Eddie
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 09:59:15 pm »
Sept 13th is my anniversary. I will have to talk with my wife about that day. I still want to help out. I will talk with her and get back to you. Don't count me out yet.
T.J.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

DBernier

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 03:33:22 pm »
Eddie, I totally forgot  :-[  about calling you while I was there. In order for my phone to function at the Rendezvous site I had to walk about a mile to the parking lot for it to work. Sorry about that. I also had to leave on Tuesday.   :'(
  T.J. you can tell your wife that nothing can compare with inspiring young children (we hope to buss school kids in on Friday) to follow in your footsteps at Rendezvous.  ;)  ;D.

Your Benevolent Dictator

Dick   

Offline nugget

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2008, 11:10:37 am »
That is true. I also think that is opening weekend for archery season . At least in my area.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 01:45:04 am »
Archery season usually opens around that time. Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2008, 07:12:38 pm »
Well I only have bad news to report about this event. I have to put a hold on it and it is too involved to go into it on the forum. I will see everybody at Pappy's and fill you people, who want to know, in on it. This is real depressing.

Dick
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:52:57 pm by DBernier »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2008, 08:36:26 pm »
Sorry Dick.  Usually things happen for a reason. We still have the Classic and Hickory! ;D     Pat

Offline nugget

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2008, 11:04:57 pm »
Well I am not sure if I can make it ot Tenn. So If someone can fill me in after i would appreciate it.