Linked Events

• N.C. Primitive Skills Rendez: October 03, 2008 - October 05, 2008

Author Topic: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.  (Read 97489 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2008, 02:27:48 am »
TJ, Believe me, you'll hear about it.  ;D   Sorry, I just had to rub it in >:D. We will see you at Hickory. ;)
    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:19 am »
 Well here we go again. Talked to Dennis Dixon about the use of the land for the Primitive Rendezvous and knap-in. He said everything now looks good to do one.  What do you guys think  ???   of a kind of flesh-out get together with a small group, as many as want to come, to get ready for one next year.   ;D  We can iron out any kinks etc and see "what gives". How about the weekend of Oct 11th, 12th and Monday the 13th which is Columbus day. Monday afternoon could be get-a-way day to get back to your home. I know this is getting into bow season but it can't be helped. It would mean "waiting" till next year. The area of the event is 45 miles south of the Virginia border and in the north central part of NC just off of rt49. It puts it within a 4 hour drive of S.C, Tenn., Virginia and eastern NC. We got a few weeks we can talk about it. I probably can get school kids over I think and we can flood the area with flyer's. It is just a thought because I think we could do a good one here in NC. If you think we should wait till next year voice your opinion. This is a temperary probe as the lawyers seem to be out of it. I will keep you advised and updated. Will talk to Dennis again tonight.

Your benevolent dictator  >:D

Dick Bernier

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:29 am »
I'm in. I vote for this year.
Let me know how I can help out if necessary.
thanks
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2008, 11:11:07 am »
I am in .  ;D 1 weekend out of bow season wont kill me.
It will also give me an excuse to wear a kilt again :o
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

DBernier

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2008, 12:25:39 pm »
Oh GOD not the weekend Kilt. Perish the thought. I am going to use this forum to contact you guys who want to do it. Thanks TJ and n2.

Your benevolent dictator  >:D

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2008, 08:18:57 am »
Talked to Dennis last night and everything is good to go. I will start cutting the grass soon.  How many of you think you will need firewood there? I am cutting it up now. Also I will have running water and an outside shower to get wet and cool down if we need it with a bathing suit on etc.

Your benevolent dictator   >:D

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2008, 12:01:07 pm »
I have just been informed by my son in Ct he is getting married on Oct 13. I didn't even know he was engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. A Monday can you believe it? OK I have informed my entire family that the next date we set is almost cast in stone. You would think I didn't know what I was doing. How about the first weekend in October the 3ed, 4th and the 5th. Any other suggestions?

Your benevolent dictator   >:D

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2008, 06:27:33 pm »
I have checked with Dennis and the dates of Oct 3ed, 4th and 5th is fine with him. I have heard no negative feedback on these dates so I guess they are a go. He owns the property with his Father. The insurance is looking good and the current policy covers what we will do. I would like to discuss this with you guys at Pat's at the end of the month. Heck Dennis said he will pay for the gas to mow the place. Looks like we just need port-a-johns. Is everybody up for this?

Dick

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 10:48:43 am »
Yes definitely up for it. Don't know about you guys but hate that long stretch between august and may with no social get togethers. Guess I hunt alone too much maybe.
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

DBernier

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 11:34:45 am »
Thanks Wade. See you at Pat's.

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2008, 07:14:45 am »
Well we had our little meeting at Pats over the weekend. October 3ed, 4th and the 5th are the dates. I will be posting a preliminary copy of the flier, schedule of events and need for some volunteers to ramrod the demonstrations etc. Let me caution us that one or two people cannot do this event. We do need help and a firm commitment on your part to help. We do not want to look like we don't know what we are doing on this. Daylight is burning and we do not have much time.

Dick, your benevolent dictator   >:D

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2008, 01:22:48 pm »
Dick, I can do the woods walk and arrowmaking for starters. Are we going to try to do anything with food?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 01:38:51 pm »
Steve, at the Shell station about 1.2 miles up the road is a good food place. Chicken, sandwitches etc. I can ask them about catering it for us. Also the boy scouts can do it I think, cook on site. We would have to support them if they agree to do it. We can also bring our own and I can supply 3 or 4 propane grills for us to use. We can also dig pits and do open fire cooking. We will have fire water buckets there or a hose. There is also ice available at the station and I can make an ice run every day if necessary. I have about 8 tables 8 ft. long or so for us to use. If anyone else has a table or folding table, they should bring it. Bring your own snack food. Have I left anything out?

Dick

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2008, 02:16:50 pm »
I'll talk to some knappers, pottery makers, and such at the Schiele knap-in this weekend and see what I can come up with.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2008, 02:39:44 pm »
I called your house and left a message with Cody for you to call me. I think I will go down to the museum Saturday morning and help talk to the people if you don't mind.

Dick