Author Topic: Pics for Marius  (Read 37008 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Pics for Marius
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:37:11 am »
Marius has written an article for PA about how wonderful all of us Americans are! ;D ::)  Actually it is his account of the Tenn. Classic from the eyes of a foreign visitor. Marius need some pics to go along with his article so if anyone has any they would like to share with him, and PA, it would be appreciated. I have some but the pic size is too small for publishing to the magazine. Mine are 640x480 and around 150 thing-a-ma-jigs and PA need them to be 300 thing-a-ma-jigs or better. These should be pics that would relate to Marius, his bows and gifts and of the whole gang.   Thanks,   Pat

ps. Sarah, Don't you have some that will work.  Dick is also sending some to ED to go through.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Pics for Marius
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:26:10 pm »
I have a bunch but they are probably to small also.They have been down sized to post here.
I guess I could make them larger the same way I made them small if I need to.Just don't know how to send them that way. :)I am a true high tec red neck. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:45:36 pm »
Pappy the problem with JPEG picture file format is everytime you save it the file size gets smaller and smaller
and the picture quality deteriorates also. JPEG format uses a file compression method so when ya save them repeatidly
it keeps compressing them smaller each time. If you want to make them bigger you should probobly open them in a photoeditor program
and resave them in a GIF format then resize them to a higher pixel size and then save them.
Clear as mudd eh ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:04:49 pm »
I will send him a bunch. I always use the "save as" option and rename the pictures.  This way I can keep the original size picture.  I usually do something like have the original picture named "Cody's bow 32"  and name the small picture "Cody's bow 132".  I suggest that everyone do this so if you ever want to make a printed copy, the quality is good enough.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:12:12 pm »
I usually do the same as Justin, and take the originals at a bigger size and then save a resized copy to post online. At the Tenn. Classic, however, my camera got set on 640 X 480 and I didn't realize it until I downloaded the pics. So I have a bunch, but they're all 640X480. They should be high enough resolution, though.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 01:13:45 pm »
Guys, It might make things simpler if you send them dirrectly to Ed Ingold. Maybe lable them for Marius Fara's PA article and let Ed sort them.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Manager

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 01:17:56 pm »
I was using Justin's camera to take pics that weekend.  I dont have those pics.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 01:26:02 pm »
DanaM you got my head swimming on that one :-[ :-[ I just didn't know who I was dealing with here,Yall sure don't look that smart in person. ;D  ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 01:34:31 pm »
The other thing to consider when resizing is that you can crop first.  Why not get rid of 1200x1200 megapixels of useless fuzzy background. Then you aren't decreasing the quality of what you actually took the picture of by as much.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 01:55:16 pm »
640x480 won't be enough resolution for a quality picture in the magazine, good enuf for the internet but
not a print unless small in  size. I recomment that you save an original as a GIF format then you can edit all you want
without losing picture quality then you can use the "Save As" command if ya want to post them.
Pappy I shure ain't that smart but I've been forced to work with computers for the last 20 years something has to sink in eventually.
Most 8 year olds are more computer savvy than me ;D

BTW can't wait for Marius's article should be excellent
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 02:11:01 pm »
I will send what I have.  I have 4 years worth...I can send Pappy and Greg through the years and make it look like they aged by the end of the event! ;D  Justin too bad you deleted the latrines...clean as Pappy keeps them it would draw even more people! ;)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 02:18:35 pm »
I just e-mailed Ed to warn him about a flood of pics coming from the hoard. Too bad mine are too small. I have a good one of Marius that he would hate for me to post.   Pat

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 02:59:31 pm »
ooooh try anyway Pat... just for the fun of it...or just post it here for our entertainment! ;)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

DBernier

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:00:45 pm »
Marie, I have one of Marius at the "out" outdoor latrene.  ;D   It is in a zip file I am sending Ed.

Dick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 05:45:48 am »
That's the reason we don't allow camera's at Cloverdale after dark. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good