Author Topic: who has shipped and recieved, all bow trade participants weigh in please  (Read 37298 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: who has shipped and recieved, all bow trade participants weigh in please
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »
Thanks Pearlie.  I think we have all the bases covered but one never knows.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2011, 07:38:52 pm »
If we can help it I would like for this thread to NOT get closed so if we could all just refrain from fighting on this thread it would be great! ;D Sailordad has spoke his mind and if anyone has a response to what he has said please handle it through PM Thanks

Josh
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:01:31 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline WolfPupTee

• You don't understand what I'm doing, but I do.
    • The Artis Den
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2011, 09:45:26 pm »
Yikes. Glad I have nothing to do with this.  ???
Plays With Bow and Arrow

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:39 pm »
Trust me wolf pup it was a blast and there were lots of great bows that came out of it! ;)

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »
I'm a bit tarty here to post pics of the trade bow(s) I recieved.
 These two beautiful bows were sent to me by Rich Rousseau(Half Eye). They arrived at my home the day before I got back from Colorado. What a pleasant surprise to greet me home.
  Being true to his tradition here on PA Rich has expressed his take on two Native American , Eastern Woodland style bows; a Cree cable backed bow with slightly reflexed tips and an Ojibwa(Chippewa) scalloped edge bow with typical carved nocke and tips. Also he sent a "fat head" moose arrow. It has a thick shaft with self nock and a stone head hafted and turkey feathers tied on. Apparently these heavy arrows were shot at moose as the hunters paddled their canoes along side a swimming moose. Penetration was more of a concern than good arrow flight at that point blank range.
  Thanks so much for these incredable little bows and the arrow, Rich. They will be a cherished part of my bow and arrow collection along with your note as documentation of their source and history.
   These aren't the best pics. The bows and arrows are way better than represented here with the pics...

ps. I'll try to get my wife to take a few full draw pics later today.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:00 pm »
Hey back to the top I would really like to wrap this up guys so I dont have to keep bringing it back to the top :) If you have shipped your bow and it doesnt indicate so on this list please let me know.

Josh

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2011, 12:36:50 am »
TTT

Offline NTD

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2011, 04:57:11 pm »
My Bowyer got in touch with me last week.  Should be seeing it, er...them early Oct. ;)
Nate Danforth

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2011, 04:59:43 pm »
Good to hear, thanks for the updat NTD, keep me posted please. Hope to be able to let this thread die soon lol

Josh

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2011, 07:51:37 pm »
TTT

Offline John K

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2011, 11:18:42 pm »
WOW ! People have still not got there bows ??
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2011, 12:21:49 am »
How many short are you ?
Maybe  others could help the folks out in hard times !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2011, 01:53:08 pm »
Not sure but I think its just a matter of people letting me know they have shipped there bow off? Buckey thats a thought but the people who havent shipped there bows (if thats the case) need to get it done like yesterday weeks ago. As pat said in an earlier post if need be they should ship the bow they recieved in the trade.

Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2011, 01:26:03 am »
TTT!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2011, 04:08:55 pm »
I have Pm the remaining people who need to send there bows and am waiting for replys from some of them. I cant seem to get ahold of Koan so if anyone has a contact for him please let me know. Thanks

Josh