Author Topic: trade bow delivery  (Read 2605 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
trade bow delivery
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:23:19 pm »
Well, I want to let whoever made my trade bow know what's going on at my house. About 3 weeks ago my house burnt down. The fire started in the garage and quickly spread to the house. Everybody made it out safely, but we lost almost everything. Stuff can be replaced!! So I am still getting mail at the same address, and any large packages from the post office (trade bow) will be delivered to my neighbor. If the bow was shipped with UPS or Fedex, I'm really not sure what they'll do. My neighbor is looking out for them, and he will get it if he is there. In about a week I will have a rental property throughout the course of rebuilding the house. If for some reason the bow gets sent back to you, please send me a PM and i'll give you the address of the rental property. I'm looking forward to a new bow now more than ever.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Bow Nut

Re: trade bow delivery
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:27:08 pm »
is there anything else you might need? a stave or two, a tool two.  I am sorry for you loss.  I have some bows laying around as well.  let me know maybe I can help you get back a thing or two.

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »
Crap Dave,   let yer friends know this stuff....will be glad to get ya anything I got....materilas, tools, bows, arrows please let a fella know .....Jesus I'm PO'd with you my friend

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:21:38 pm »
Ouch. Sorry for the trying times. I can sympathize as it happened to me and my family 16 years ago on my sixteenth birthday. It def sucks. Im sure it might take ya awhile to get back into building bows as your family and home come first,but yeah let folks know if ya need anything.  :-\

Offline John W. Cooper

• Bronze Bow Archery
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »
Geez, Dave... Sorry to hear that!  Important thing is, and you're absolutely right, stuff can be replaced as painful as it might be but we're all glad you're okay.  Depending on the trade bow's poundage, I might be able to help with some arrows or shafts and a taper tool.  It isn't much but at least you'd be on your way to shooting again.

Prayers with you,
John
It is God who arms me with strength
   and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
   he causes me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
   my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
~Psalm 18:32-34

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 05:45:27 pm »
Sorry to here that Dave, cant send you any stuff but I send you my best wishes to get your life back together as soon as possible...
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:56:22 pm »
I have a bunch of 60-65 & 65-70 spruce and cedar arrows if you need some Dave. Plus I could scare up a pair osage or hackberry billets if you want some. The hackberry is good to go, the osage is green. PM me if you have any interest in the stuff and its yours. Take care and keep yours and your families spirits up!!!!!!!!!!!! Its only "stuff" as you said.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 06:15:26 pm »
Glad your ok!
Let us know when your settled in we will make sure to get you a few house warming gifts headed your way !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 06:18:07 pm »
 :( I have some Osage that i can send you  or let me know what you need and ill make you a bow and send it your way. Glad everyone is ok. ;D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 11:01:29 pm »
That is a bummer for shure ...im in with the rest mention what u may need let's get u back in action it will help the process of rebulding become a tad less strenuous ...
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...