Author Topic: couple new bows in works  (Read 2659 times)

Offline wildkatt

couple new bows in works
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:21:04 am »
 8) One ready for long string and the other is 74'' and im thinking loooong bow. LOL. any ideas feel free to give suggestions on design.

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: couple new bows in works
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:25:35 am »
Man, you are cranking them out lately Katt. What's the length of the stave in the pic? What wood are they both?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 01:27:31 am »
I'm just glad to see your building bows - wish it was me :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:28:06 am »
 >:D Pat Both are Bowdark and the stave is the looong one 74''. LOL. Cowboy feel free ifin u get this way.

Katt

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:49 am »
Thats a nice straight stave for bodark, with a little natural recurve too? I would probably shorten that stave some, osage doesn't need to be that long. How wide is your stave?
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:15 am »
Did you build up the handle on the back of the reflexed one?  I like the looks, kinda like a Turkish Composite bow.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 10:24:27 am »
Your def filled up with bow making juice right now katt..lol. got any extra juice to spare  :laugh:

Matt I think your seeing an illusion in the handle from the back rim of that crock pot. Hopefully he puts that to good use to make up some sinew/hide glue soup.

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 01:03:21 pm »
 8) Matt no build up on handle the finished bow should look a lot like the one i just finished only longer. Its going to be 26'' to 28'' draw. And yes that is my sinew pot. Im not sure im going to shorten the long one. Every time i let someone try a bow they try to over draw it so im going to build a bow they cant lol. The stave is 74'' long and 1 1/2'' wide. Sounds like a ELB to me. >:D Will post some pics as i go will be my 1st ELB attempt. :o

Katt