Author Topic: Hi, my name s dan and im a knapper  (Read 1072 times)

Offline triggerfinger

Hi, my name s dan and im a knapper
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:33:10 am »
This dang knapping thing is as addictive as a crack coated twinkie,  I took breaks from work to knap 4 times today.  I greatly reduced my stash, I wonder if. y mom will go dig some stuff out of her creek for me......
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Hi, my name s dan and im a knapper
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:25:11 am »
hi dan. my name is jamie and im also addicted to rock. i knew i had a problem when i pulled up to a stop light and told my daughter to tell me when the light turned green. i grabbed a hammerstone and started flaking a piece of normanskill .  :o
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:08:26 am »
Hi Dan, hi Jamie, my name is Don(Donny) & I've been addicted to silica rocks for 8 yrs. To make it worst I've gotten my kids addicted as well. My wife managed to save my 14 yr old but my 9yr old & my 7 yr old are addicts as well. We cant even go to a steak house without walking through its rock garden.Thankfully no body has said anything to the crazy man & his kids picking up rocks from it.

He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »
Hi Dan, Jamie, and Don. My name is Mark and I'm an addict. My son also who is four is on his way to being one. We were at church camp all week and every ten minutes he would come to me with a rock and ask if it would work as a hunting point. I am proud. He did smash his finger while trying to use too use a big hammerstone on a little piece of chert.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)