Author Topic: Passing it on  (Read 1510 times)

Offline cracker

Passing it on
« on: July 27, 2011, 09:54:53 am »
Since I've been in the primitive archery hobby I've been looking for some to share the knowledge with and fate has finally given me the opportunity to pass it on. Yesterday we had a young man to come into the shop and replace a spindle in a large heave rearend that goes on one of our machines. It takes a few hours to do and we got to talking about archery I told him that I made my own bows and how rewarding it is to go from standing tree to shooting bow he became very interested and asked many questions about the process. One thing led to another and I offered to teach him what I know. Well it seems like I've got someone to pass it on to now I went out to my stash last night and found him a stave and a few loaner tools. I'm sure there will be many phone calls emails and trips back and forth. I'm really looking forward to the process. I'll post pics as we progress. Stay tuned for more. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Passing it on
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:32:03 am »
Very cool Cracker, that is always fun and rewarding. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:43:59 pm »
Good for you Cracker, Nothing compares to mentoring and passing on what you have learned.  ;) Just from meeting you at the Classic I can imagine you would be a great mentor.

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:07 pm »
Pappy I'm all pumped and can hardly wait.
Keenan half of the making of a good teacher is a willing student. I hope I got one.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 08:54:54 pm »
Way to go Ronnie! It's a great feeling!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 09:22:36 pm »
 8) Ronnie !
The only way to fail is to never start !