Author Topic: Anybody have a partial spool of Fast Flight they don't want any more?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline jonathan creason

I've been wanting to try some on a bow for a while, but don't want to drop the $$$ on a full spool to test drive it.  I've got several books and dvd's I can offer, along with some knife making stuff, and some ryolite if you're up to the challenge  >:D.  I've probably got other stuff I can dig up if you're not interested in any of that.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Anybody have a partial spool of Fast Flight they don't want any more?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:15:29 pm »
Are you putting the string on a selfbow?  If so, how long is it NTN?  I could make you a string.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:18:36 pm »
Eventually Matt, but I don't have it built yet.  The plan I have in mind is a 68" total length and 66" NTN if you would be interested in building one to those specs.  Anything in particular you're interested in for trade?
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:05 pm »
Well, are there any crafts that you specialize in?  I'm always interested in stone points, trader points.  I always need B-50 string.  Any spools lying around that you don't use?  Leather grip material?  5/16 shafting or field tips?  4" r/w feathers?  Something you enjoy making aside from bows?

I'll twist it and double serve the center of the string.  Fast flight makes skinnier strings because you only need 10 strands vs. the 14 strands that I use on B-50 strings.  Double serving brings the diameter back to hold your arrows better.  Also, I weave in a few strands of B-50 in the loops.  Fast Flight can be abrasive so the weaving in of B-50 helps thicken and reduce the chances of the string cutting into your string nocks.

Oh, I only have brown and yellow.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:09:09 am »
Matt, I have almost a full roll of Red B-50 if you'd be interested?  I'd love to try a Fastflight string setup as well before unloading 2 1/2 times the price of B-50.

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30:21 am »
I would take you up on that, Lee.  Except anything but Red.  It bleeds too much for me.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 12:57:51 am »
I have some stone points if you'd be interested in those.  They're nowhere near the quality that some of these guys are posting, but they will work for hunting.  Or, I could make you a knife blank that you can do the final shaping and heat treat on.  I've got some nice wood I can throw in for the scales.
Cleveland, NC

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:04:05 am »
Although I really like hand made knives, I don't know enough about making, final shaping and heat treating them.  Also, I don't know what "scales" are. 

Stone points would be nice though.  Any pics you could send?
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:09:10 pm »
Like I said, I'm nowhere near as good as most posting on here, but here are a few of my recent points.

Cleveland, NC

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:22 pm »
You sand-bagger!  those points are terrific! 

Matt, I have a roll of Black B-50 that has only had probably five - 7 strand sections used off it (I have used this in a dual colored string of yellow/black, brown/black and black/black.  Let me know if this interested you at all.  If you are making arrows or hafting heads I could deliver the roll in person too  ;D
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 02:49:55 am »
I agree with Lee.  Those heads look nice.  I am at a shoot in Lapeer, MI this weekend.  I will.make a deal with both off ya.  I will pm yas when I get home.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI