Author Topic: Good Walk in the Creek Today  (Read 1093 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Good Walk in the Creek Today
« on: August 30, 2011, 05:46:58 pm »
My four yr. old and I took a walk in the creek this morning.  I was keeping my eyes and ears open for rattlesnakes, which we have seen in the past few weeks, our dog is bitten and the neighbor dog died from a bite. Anyway I always keep my eye out for artifacts and now I've been looking for material (chert) and hammer stones.  I found a big geode and my son another.  The one I found was real flat and looked like a possible spall could be knocked off it, so I tried.  Didn'y work so well, but when I was looking for the flake, right between my legs was this point, minus the base, but still about an inch long.  I also found those two woodpecker feathers from two separate birds, when I stood up praising my thanks to the sky.  Good day in the creek, only one snake seen, not a rattler, but could not identify it as not being a copperhead.  Keep your eye out, never know what you'll find.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:51:02 pm by bowtarist »
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Good Walk in the Creek Today
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »
Oh yeah, I also found those stones I'll try as hammers and a squirrle tooth and all those crinoids.  And that small piece of chert (?) too.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Tower

Re: Good Walk in the Creek Today
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »
I also enjoy walking creeks. Ya never know what you will find. Nice days haul!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!