Author Topic: Trade Points  (Read 6769 times)

Offline Kegan

Trade Points
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:17:02 pm »
Well, last night I finally got around to making a spine tester to make some good consistent hunting arrows for fall... only to realize I had no points ::).  So, here they are- 2 1/2" total, with a 1/2" tang. 1 1/8" wide and nice and sharp :). I'd like to thank Mark O. for the wonderful balde stock material. If it weren't for him, I would have had to scroung up some money for store bought heads :-X!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: Trade Points
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:42:36 pm »
They look good! They'll take a deer. (hunting deer, right?)
       Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:32:37 pm »
nice job, how did you cut them out?   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Minuteman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:18:54 am »
Judging from the kerf mark on the 3rd one from the left I'd guess he used a dremel with a cut off wheel but hey what do I know.
 They look dangerous for certain! :o

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:34:16 am »
Very nice job,what are there weight ? I have some 50 /1000 stock that made some nice heads.
That bandsaw stock works great and sharpens easy. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Kegan

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:03:55 pm »
Dunno the weight, they are light though, so I'll just leave the shaft a little longer to get the balance more toward the handle at draw. I used a dremel to score them, then used duck bills and the vice to snap the off. File did the rest. My favorite thing about them is that they hold their edge though- most of the other metals I've tried to use didn;t stay sharp too long, even becoming dull in my quiver.

Great stuff :)! Got to get them on some sourwood and try them out.

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 08:47:51 pm »
Yep I know what you mean about points getting dull in the quiver. The ones I have made have been able to take a lot of abuse and are fun to shoot.  kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell