Author Topic: how far have you gone  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Blacktail

how far have you gone
« on: September 15, 2011, 01:35:14 am »
whats the furthest that you have traveled for rock...john

Offline Tower

Re: how far have you gone
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:26 am »
All across Hell & half of Texas. Seriously about 6.5 hrs.  Almost half of TX. >:D
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Newbow

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:35:42 am »
I regularly (2-3 times a year) drive to Glass Buttes, 400 miles one way.  I have gone as far as Craig Ratzat's quarry (2150 miles) but that was just taking advantage of a family reunion that was relatively close by.  I just got back from collecting jasper in the Bad Lands of South Dakota but, again, I was passing through on the way back from a music festival in Iowa.  My home is about 30 miles from the Pacific, in Washington.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 01:57:19 pm »
I've been all over south TX which is hundreds of miles but i was at work around there anyway. I did hit Ratzats place one time on the way through too. Would love to hit glass buttes one day but man that a long haul..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:24 pm »
My right hand reached all the way over to the mouse to click the "send" button on Paypal.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »
 From Houston on a Sunday morning at the butt crack of dawn, calling my guide, Cowboy, getting his  voicemail, on the way to to San Antonio and then west of there, calling Cowboy's voicemail ::), then turn around and head towards Laredo, calling Cowboy's voicemail :-\ , then found some rock in a corn field south of San Antonio, loaded up about 200# and headed back to Houston, got Cowboy's voicemail again. Made it back about 8 that night and three tanks of gas later. :o ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JustinNC

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 01:23:25 am »
From Houston on a Sunday morning at the butt crack of dawn, calling my guide, Cowboy, getting his  voicemail, on the way to to San Antonio and then west of there, calling Cowboy's voicemail ::), then turn around and head towards Laredo, calling Cowboy's voicemail :-\ , then found some rock in a corn field south of San Antonio, loaded up about 200# and headed back to Houston, got Cowboy's voicemail again. Made it back about 8 that night and three tanks of gas later. :o ;D

damned senoritas

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:24 am »
Not far yet, but will be heading to Freer and parts south by way of San Antone the end of the month.

Hopefully the rock gods will smile on my simple kiester.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Tower

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 01:50:39 am »
Dad-gum & I thought that I was an addict! Ill pay half the gas if you swing bye & give me a lift!!!!!!!! How's about it Mullet?
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 02:44:17 am »

From Port ST. Lucie Florida, to Glass Buttes, by way of Burns Oregon, by way of Thompson Falls Montana. :P :P  Thenback and over to lakeland to share with my Dealer that got me hooked( Mullet ) and Claude VanOrder.  And I drove! :P

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 09:21:50 am »
Anytime, Tower as long as I don't get your voicemail. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 10:50:01 am »
Now that's funny Eddie ;D. Think I'll squat the one ton and head to Florida if that'll help me live it down, haha...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Will H

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 12:05:05 pm »
5 miles upstream in flip flops... :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

JustinNC

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 12:12:16 pm »
3rd base mostly. Several homers that weren't spectacular, but I make it to third base a LOT with a lot of heavy petting and fondling and sweet talking. Get it right where I want it ya know? Then always screw up something before really knocking it out of the park.

Offline julieb

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 12:22:04 pm »
Hey any trips to Florida will have to include me....... ( and I answer my phone!)
Being that right person is just as important as finding the right person....