Author Topic: Josiah does it again...  (Read 17898 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Josiah does it again...
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »
Josiah shot this old mule deer doe late yesterday evening with an osage selfbow .. He stalked the deer along the river during a high wind and made a great shot .. double lung at three yards.. the doe actually came within five feet of him then backed up and turned broadside allowing for a perfect shot opportunity.I was ten yards behind him when he shot her, she launched into the river and across into a dense thicket. Josiah tracked her this morning... he field dressed and dragged her a quarter mile mostly by himself.. using the river to keep her afloat and easier to drag. This is his third big game harvest in two years using selfbows or horsebows.. I am so proud of his prowess as a hunter. thanks to Joe York Wolf watcher for taking him to the classic this year and being a great role model and mentor, and to El Destructo Michael Roberts  for making that stick into a smooth shootin bow ..And to everyone else who helped him to build the bow and fueled the fire in this young archer. I think there will be a full meat pole here on the mountain from now on as long as his quiver is full.. hope everyone enjoys their outings this year while in pursuit of adventure. aim small miss small brothers and sisters of the bow.... Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Josiah does it again...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:08 pm »
Damn right! I love it! Cangrats to the young MAN and all that made it possible for him.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:28:33 pm »
Well, Josiah's a Huston alright.  He has been brought up in a tradition most young people have no idea about.  I would like to thank David and Cora Knight for the bow class and bow they put together and EL D Destucto for his help in the next steps getting the bow ready for finishing.  I have to laugh as the bow I brought back is just now getting the final touches and Josiah has already harvested with his.  Am expecting him to shoot an elk as well this season!  One thing for certain Josiah is a hunter!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline PeteC

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:39:07 pm »
Congratulations Josiah. Sounds like a great hunt,shot,and tracking job,as well as draggin' her out .I'm impressed. Great job. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:24:43 am »
 Josiah, Congratulations on a great hunt! And thank that old man,, I mean mentor ;)  , I met Josiah at the Classic and you have one, fine son.know you are proud, Hawk.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:48:17 am »
that is great..he is nocking the heck out of them...he also has some great teachers..who could go wrong with a mom and dad like you two...john

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 07:59:53 am »
Congrats young man good shooting, you have a right to be proud Hawk,he is a fine young man. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:06 am »
Congratulations! I also met Josiah at the Classic, and it was quickly apparent he wasn't your typical young man from a traditional archery viewpoint! He was an excellant shot, and great at throwing the hatchet as well.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Postman

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »
Great stuff!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 04:57:02 pm »
Mighty Fine Job!!!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline DQ

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »
Great success story of a great hunt.  Nothing as good as the fire in a young hunter's heat...unless it's watching your son as he succeeds.  This is one to remember.

Darryl

Offline lowell

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 09:14:36 pm »
Very nice...great job!!!!!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline cracker

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 09:45:00 am »
Congratulations you're family doesn't have to worry about going hungry as long as you're around.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 02:57:40 pm »
Way to go boy I'm Proud of ya!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline barefootbowhunter

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 05:56:08 pm »
that is a beautiful sight to see a natural born predator! his ancestors are proudly watching him for sure