Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!  (Read 92234 times)

Offline deerhunter97370

Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2012, 04:07:47 am »
Josh, thanks for posting the pics of what you sent me. Ive had trouble getting a computer that I can post pics on. ussually Im on a 1st gen Ipad so I cant get pics off my camera on to it.  My gift will go out Saturday now matter what. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2012, 11:28:48 am »
cool, anytime Joel.  Glad you like your gifts!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2012, 02:09:33 pm »
Hawk has been working out of town for some time now!  I can tell you some of the information about the bow.  We all made one of these horse bows while at a pow wow in Texas with Ramblin Randy!  It should draw @ 21" and am surprised at the low poundage.  Randy has killed more deer and hogs than anyone I know and lots of them were killed with one of his short draw horse bows.  I sinued mine and it has a very tough draw weight.  The snake skin is a real story.  We were returning to camp in a pickup when this huge snake crossed the road in front of us and went into the thick brush.  Hawk and another fellow jumped out of the back and with a flash light followed the snake into the brush.  Hawk shot it square through the head with a very ugly stone point I had given him.  The snakes mouth was propped open by the blade and arrow shaft.  Was an unbelievable sight.  That skin would have made a backing for three of those horse bows.  Stacey Huston has some pictures of the snakes head!  On another note, I have elk hunted all those hills around the Tillamook area and several years around Reedsport!  Thanks for the effort to put all this exchange together.  It must have been frustration at times.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2012, 02:32:46 pm »
Thanks for the info Wolf watcher I really appretiate it! I havent had the bow on a scale yet I am just going by how it felt compared to some of the bows I have made and I know there draw weight, I dont mind having a lighter weight bow at all I have shot about 50 shots out of it and my wife has shot about the same she really likes it because of the lighter draw weight, it shoots really well and I am honored to now own it. Thats a pretty cool story on the snake skin thanks for shareing. I really enjoy hunting the area around here as there is always lots of action, thanks again for the info If you hear from Hawk let him know I really like the bow!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2012, 02:37:01 am »
Howdy,  I received my gifts ~ 2 weeks ago and then left on vacation.   I've been back a while, but I've been a little slow getting pic taken and posted.  Northernsport made up a sort of macrame choker that includes a muskrat skull and the mandibles from a mink.  I doubt I'll wear it every day, but I think it goes well with my Lakota type outfit.   Then just cause he grabbed a knife and a couple of decals of the shelf and threw them in the box, too.
The knife isn't homemade, but I'll find a use for it.   After all how many of us on this forum can say "I have too many knives"?    Now how many can say it with a straight face?
Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2012, 02:40:01 am »
i know i can't, i couldn't even think it with a straight face
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2012, 02:02:49 pm »
That little necklace is pretty cool looking! I think Id wear that thing all day long ;D imagine the looks you would get a safeway lol Thanks for posting!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2012, 10:57:06 pm »
Finally got pics of my cool fire poker from cracker!!

live action !

works great!!   thanks again cracker!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:11:01 pm by Rick Wallace »
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2012, 12:31:22 am »
Yes Sir,

That is a Fine looking piece of Twisted Iron!
I like the Hook and Prod layout!

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2012, 12:42:26 am »
Thats a sweet looking poker!

Josh

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2012, 01:09:01 am »
Thats a sweet looking poker!

Josh
Thats what s,,,,,,,,,,never mind    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2012, 01:10:38 am »
you couldn't resist could you ;D

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2012, 01:35:29 am »
you couldn't resist could you ;D
no,,,,,,, :-[

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2012, 01:36:40 am »
don't worry i have a feeling allot of people thought the same ;)

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2012, 01:46:42 am »
 :)