Author Topic: Raw Pedernales flint  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Tower

Re: Raw Pedernales flint
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 01:15:32 am »
This stuff was exceptional! Knapped like butter! The translucient Pedernales seems to be like that. At lest in this area. Maybe I'm just lucky.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline seider

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 03:28:50 pm »
You have a good point. I need to go on a rock run one day.  Should have went to bend while the river was dry.  There is one county road off of 45 to your brothers house that has flint all over the place.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:10 pm »
Man my family originated in Texas why and the heck they came north is beyond me!  I wish we had the abundance of flint that u all have down there...we do but most of its in the ground.... :'(

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 08:48:29 am »
So what is it we're looking at outside your window there Tower? A flint Quarry? ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Tower

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 09:43:36 am »
Cowboy, in a manner of speaking yes! Its a limestone quarry w/ lots of flint. Pretty good stuff. Sometimes it needs a little heat.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!