Author Topic: Items for trade  (Read 6405 times)

Offline adb

Items for trade
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:18:46 pm »
I have several items for trade, all related to arrow making. First is a Woodchuck arrow taper cutter with a spare disc, second a Young feather burner, and third a Bohning arrow crester. The arrow crester is brand new, still in the box. The feather burner and taper cutter have been used only a couple of times.

I'm looking for: 74"+ yew staves, 1/4 sawn yew boards, osage staves, 1/4 sawn osage boards, RW turkey primaries, ready to fletch Japanese arrow bamboo, 80" long X 1/4" thick X 2" wide 1/4 sawn hickory backing strips. I also like knives of all sorts.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Items for trade
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »
I have a feather burner just like that one and I LOVE it!  Ribbons last forever if you take a little care, the smell is no big deal if you just do it outside when there is a breeze, just don't touch the pretty red glowing wire.  Don't ask me how I know that.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »
These items are still available if anyone is interested.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 04:44:56 pm »
I don't really have a need for any of that stuff, but if you have any of those diamond back skins left, I'd make a knife for you in exchange for a couple.  When I finally get around to tillering that osage blank out, I'd like to purdy it up a bit.  I have piece of a file left and could make you a skinner and sheath similar to this one (got enough steel to make it slightly longer if you want, or just a longer handle):

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:11:41 pm »
Hey, Cam

I'll tell you what... I have a couple of knives that each need a new sheath . I'll get a hold of you, and you can stop over and have a look, and we can see what I have for skins. Deal?

I was also thinking it would probably be OK to cut that pear tree down in the backyard. The sap should be down by now. Unfortunately, I have to work tonight and all this weekend, so that's out for now. Does next weekend work for you?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:12:57 pm »
Sounds good to me, I'll stop by sometime soon.

I'm busy in the evenings next weekend, but should be free during the days as far as I know.  Give me a shout when you're ready, I'll bring my splitting wedges and a sledge :)

Offline adb

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 07:54:37 pm »
The feather burner has been traded.

Taper grinder and arrow crester are still available.

Offline adb

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 01:11:14 am »
If anyone is interested, all 3 of these items are still available for trade. I need wood... osage staves, yew, etc.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »
PM sent.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »
Adam;

Here is the knife I was talking about. The sheath fits it but is generic. It is also shaving sharp.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:43:39 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 09:07:57 am »
Just so I am up front with every one.  I sent adb a bag of 75 turkey feathers for the feather burner.  The feathers never got to him.  I did not get a tracking number, since the post office said that once they went to Canadian Customs, the number was no longer any good.  I pm'd adb, and told him I was not going to chance sending another batch of feathers to loose more, and to let me know if he ever got the feathers.  I am sure he has not, since I never heard any more.  I feel bad about him not getting them, but at this point it was out of my hands.  Hope there are not hard feelings adb?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 09:38:51 am »
If you send feathers to Canada you cannot write feathers on the Customs form. I write Arts and Craft material. It is against the law to ship feathers and leather to Canada.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 10:11:33 am »
It had arrow materials on the form.  And yes mullet , I learned that the hard way a long time ago :-\

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 10:19:41 am »
Hi,

Over the past few years I have sent several flutes to various areas in Canada and each one took several weeks to get there.  Might be just slow.

Rand
Catahoulaflutes
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline adb

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 12:28:33 pm »
Just so I am up front with every one.  I sent adb a bag of 75 turkey feathers for the feather burner.  The feathers never got to him.  I did not get a tracking number, since the post office said that once they went to Canadian Customs, the number was no longer any good.  I pm'd adb, and told him I was not going to chance sending another batch of feathers to loose more, and to let me know if he ever got the feathers.  I am sure he has not, since I never heard any more.  I feel bad about him not getting them, but at this point it was out of my hands.  Hope there are not hard feelings adb?
No, of course not. But, I'll continue to be patient and hopeful. I just received some feathers from MattG yesterday... we did a trade at about the same time, so they might arrive yet. I feel bad that you're out a bunch of feathers. I'll hang on to the burner for a while yet.