Author Topic: Heat treated keokuk  (Read 1777 times)

Offline TRACY

Heat treated keokuk
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:03:41 am »
Wife got me a box of ht keokuk for me birthday and finally starting to get thinner before smaller on larger pieces. Would love to show pics ,but I have tried everything on my end with no luck. Just use your imagination on a 5" dovetail :D

Take care

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Heat treated keokuk
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:37:19 am »
Looks good Tracy! How'd you like all them points i've made recently ;D. I like that ht keokuk - works nice.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:09:30 pm »
Tracy, dovetail looks great an keokuk is one of my favorite materials to work with. Bob

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:42:42 pm »
Sweet Point Tracy!!  We'll have to get together once shotgun season starts and break some rock.  Take care, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:11:20 am »
Those are some fine points Cowboy! Bob, I believe she got the keokuk from Bracken. I need to evenly thin as I go now, starting to get stack where I can't get to them.

Derik, you're just going to have to give me a call and get in the car and head over between am and pm hunting. Just give me a shout

Take care
Tracy

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 03:31:19 pm »
Tracy,

Be happy to post pics for you.  Email them to me and I'll do the rest.  Though, the imagination approach is good as well...

George
St Paul, TX

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:47 pm »
Thanks George, I've just been too busy to learn new stuff and knap and hunt. I really believe that it is tied to my PA account. I can post pics on other sites but cant post through this account. I may have to create a new account.

Thank you,

Tracy