Author Topic: Black Friday Special  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Keenan

Black Friday Special
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:53:32 pm »
 Special two for one deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,be carefull tillering bows on black Friday,LOL  :o ??? :'(  This was a very nice Crepe Myrtle stave that I got last year from my sister's place in Texas. It was doing great and I had her tillered to 26 inches but decided to push a little more ::) I made a dumb mistake and decided to try to get one spot that "looked" stiff  to bend a little more.  However the natural "unbraced" stave had several dips and dives and I knew that spot was already flexing. Just "looked" stiff  because of the character dip in the back. Should have listened to that little voice that said "STOP NOW" 

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Black Friday Special
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:18:00 pm »
Keenan that's a tough break.. No pun intended either  >:D just sounds that way:)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 05:28:12 pm »
I hate it when we do stupid stuff...and all of us are guilty of it.  ::)  Oh well. Go start another one or finish that other one(s) you have sitting around.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:30:46 pm »
Good time to have about a dozen other bows in various stages,,,,,LOL Like they say, don't get married to the stave. Grab another and move on >:D

Already at it Pat. ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »
Looks like it had some cool wiggles going on Keenan, too bad YOU broke it! Good luck with the next one.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »
Bummer, that was a good looking bow.  Glad I'm not the only one with several unfinished bows around. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline adb

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:26 pm »
I think we've all been heart brken a time or two along the way!!

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:54:58 pm »
Bwahhh :'(
Yup... that litte voice...we  ignore it at our peril.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline gmc

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 07:11:56 pm »
Looks more like a "door buster" special to me.

Lovely looking bow.

BUMMER.
Central Kentucky

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 07:18:28 pm »
Sorry to see that Keenan, especially with the tips looking so good already.  Hope the next one is more cordial to ya. :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 07:30:33 pm »
Man Keenan I hope you don't have a streak like I did here a while back. LOL
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 08:13:45 pm »
ohhh man,that is a bummer...sorry to see that...BUT,if you would have listened to me yelling(keenan spot at 25 and just give it to me)i think we both would be happy...LOL...just giving you crap....it would have been a cool bow with the snake in it....like you said and have told me many of times(dont be married to the wood)....well i am sure you have some thing else up your sleeve...john

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 09:02:46 pm »
A sad deal.it just shows to go that as smart as we all think we are mother nature holds the better hand O:)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 09:22:42 pm »
 John you are right, should have stopped at 26 and would have been perfect for my 25" draw.  For some stupid reason I decided to tiller as though I'd be letting others shoot it. :o ???

Kris,, I rebuke those words Bro,,,LOL   Already back in the saddle and tillered out two other bows today. Figured the best time to tiller is now while I have the explosion fresh in my mind  ;) :P

Eric, yes the tips were already worked in. I tend to do them to start with because I hate adding tips on when there is already nocks cut.

Looks more like a "door buster" special to me.

Lovely looking bow.

BUMMER.
Now thats funny!

Offline PeteC

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »
My hearts hurtin' with you brother,and ,I know exactly how you feel too. ;) God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas