Author Topic: knappers in the kansas city area  (Read 2045 times)

Offline sadiejane

knappers in the kansas city area
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:33:55 am »
greetings folks-
wanted to see if any yall are or know any knappers in the kc area?

we have out little bow making group on wed nite near downtown kcmo,
and were thinking it sure would be great if a local knapper would be willing to come periodically
and teach some of us a few things.

we have ample space outside but that would have to commence once it gets a bit warmer(tho we do have fire capabilities)
and the light stays later. we could also work in the shop but would have to take care not to leave a mess.
the outdoor area is graveled and unless it really got outta hand, "new" gravel could be left there.

it would not need to be on wed nite. it could be bout any nite of the week(tho i think most folks have commitments on weekends)
it wouldnt have to be every week either.
once a month, twice a month, whatever works for the person(s) who would be willing to teach.

please shoot me a pm if you r in kc or know someone who is.
sure appreciate any leads yall can provide.

thanks

edited to say: we can either provide our own rock(ive a pretty good pile of missouri and arkansas chert)
or buy from anyone who would like to teach knapping
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:54:19 pm by sadiejane »
wild women don't get the blues

Offline chief deer

Re: knappers in the kansas city area
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:17:11 pm »
You have a ton of excellent knappers in the KC area. At one time they had one of the best attended knap ins in the country.  They still have a spring and a fall Osage knap in located at Booneville MO exit 111 on I -70. Spring is in May and Fall is Sept. Mike Smyth

Offline sadiejane

Re: knappers in the kansas city area
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:27:46 am »
greetings once more.
our little ragtag bow making group is still looking for a kansas city area based knapper who would be willing to commit to  one Wednesday nite a month to teach flint knapping.
you can find basic info about our group here:
https://www.facebook.com/WestBottomsBowyers/info
thanks
wild women don't get the blues