Author Topic: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress  (Read 445395 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress
« Reply #1440 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:38 am »
Received my PA Trade Bow from Bryan Irwin and how sweet it is!  It is a Bamboo Backed Ipe, Bendy-handle bow, with nice tip overlays.  You can tell that Bryan took his time prepping for the finish.  There's not a tool mark on it.  If you look at the pics, you'll notice the tiller is quite perfect.  This bow shoots right where I point it.   :)

Thank you, Bryan!  This is one very nice bow to add to my "Bows-From-My-Friends" collection.   8)

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1441 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:18 am »
Congratulations, Matt. That is definitely a sweet bend. Nice job Brian!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline coaster500

« Reply #1442 on: July 25, 2012, 02:05:33 pm »
Congrats Turtle I like that Hickory stick,,,  the handle wrap turned out sweet!!!

Congratulations to you Matt that is a gracefull bender there !!!

Alex, Bryan well done :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1443 on: July 25, 2012, 03:19:33 pm »
Bring it to Elm Hall Matt, I want to see her close up. Very nice tiller and combo.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #1444 on: July 26, 2012, 06:06:34 pm »
received a text about noon that my trade bow had arrived at the shop.
no one would tell me the return name on the box...
so i have to wait another cupla hrs before i can go pick it up
man do i feel like a 6 yr old waiting for xmas morning!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #1445 on: July 27, 2012, 01:53:04 am »
Got my trade bow today from Tetaxidermy and I am very excited! I have only been able to feel the bow out a little and was shocked at how smooth and soft she draws while still being in the 48#@29" range. This is the first time I have ever held a bow made from Black Locust and I can't wait to head to the range this weekend to launch some arrows as well as take some pics. In the meantime thank you Eric for the fine trade bow!

- Mike

Offline johnston

« Reply #1446 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10:06 pm »
Ok so I work 12 tomorrow and leave for six days on Sunday. Earliest I can make the Post
Office will be the next monday.( Roughly 3 wks past the mailing deadline )and I ain't heard a word
about my trade bow. Not from the builder, not from administration.

I am a real easy feller to deal with and a word was all I needed. But if that was too much to ask then
just forget it. My work schedule makes it tough to get to the PO while it is open and and I just ain't
doing it anymore.

If it ain't mailed just don't bother. No hard feeling.

Lane

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #1447 on: July 28, 2012, 12:00:46 am »
Hey Lane,

Sorry to hear about that. I know what you're saying, in the past in this trade guys typically send out a message saying hey their gonna be a late just so their recipient doesn't think someone forgot about them. I'm in the same boat as you, I haven't heard anything and haven't received anything yet. I shipped mine out a little bit late, but I was asked to for specific reasons. I hope that doesn't give it away to my recipient. Hope things workout and you get your bow.

Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1448 on: July 28, 2012, 12:31:19 am »
Lane, you have heard from me!  I told you I would look into it and see what I could find out. Even in this electronic age it still takes a while for PMs and emails to get out and folks schedules to cross so they can receive and reply back. I think it is very unfair of you to post this on the open forum. Someone is doing their best to get your bow out to you and the least you can do is accept it graciously when it gets to your door. If you will read the rules of this trade you will see it is not about the bow you will get, it is about the one you send out, the one you put your best effort into. I haven't received a bow yet either but I guarantee I will appreciate it and the effort of the builder when it gets here.
  I'm sorry you feel this way about the bow trade but please send any gripes to me in a PM and not post it openly here on the message board.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1449 on: July 28, 2012, 12:43:52 am »
Whoever drew my name, I am in no hurry! Take your time. I feel very lucky that I was able to get my number 2 out on time, but it just as easily could have failed and I would be late too. My enjoyment from this trade was from the bows I created for my recipient and the learning experience. Thanks to all of you for including me in the swap this year. I will certainly participate again next year.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline johnston

« Reply #1450 on: July 28, 2012, 07:59:03 am »
Pat, it ain't about the bow.And it is surely not about you or any other administrator getting
back to me or anyone else who hasn't received. But if a feller is gonna be this late you would
think he would let someone know. I am not mad and don't care if it takes til Christmas for
my bow to get here and I will cherish it when it does.

May be bad manners to post this on an open forum but how else could I contact my builder?
If he is having problems then he could let me know. Big problems, then just quit worrying with
it and forget about it. No big deal. If it were in the PO right now I would not be able to get
it for 10 days and then I would be chastised for not announcing that I had received.

As I have repeatedly said, no hard feelings on my part. Surprised that there seems to some on yours.

Lane

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #1451 on: July 28, 2012, 09:57:04 am »
Whoever drew my name, I am in no hurry! Take your time. I feel very lucky that I was able to get my number 2 out on time, but it just as easily could have failed and I would be late too. My enjoyment from this trade was from the bows I created for my recipient and the learning experience. Thanks to all of you for including me in the swap this year. I will certainly participate again next year.
my thought exactly, for me its an honor to build a bow for someone else and receive one from someone else ( i am also not the biggest fan of deadlines ;))  so what im saying is enjoy building the bow, dont worry about when you finish, im sure there is nobody here who would have not tried their hardest to finish on time
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1452 on: July 28, 2012, 10:16:14 am »
Not caring about deadlines (builders) and folks complaining about missed deadlines (receivers) will put an end to these fun things, who will want to head it up? Not me.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1453 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:11 am »
Well, if it's Gus that drew my name and hasn't shipped yet, you can toss one of those furry brown things in with the package and I'll forgive your tardiness. ;D ;D ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1454 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:55 am »
Ya but ya gotta feed them Eddie, bows dont eat much!