Author Topic: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress  (Read 450366 times)

Offline RobWiden

Re: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress
« Reply #870 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »
    I've been pretty antsy since I sent my trade bow. Tried tracking it but all it says is it entered a foreign country on the 24th. Talked to the lady at the post office and she said not to panic, sometimes they get hung up in customs for a week or two! My poor baby, surrounded by strangers in a strange land, I hope she's not too traumatized. Oh well, xxxxx, I hope you're more patient than I am.    Rob
If I knew what I was doing, I'd probably be bored with it, and I wouldn't be here.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #871 on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »
It might take longer than the PO told you.  I have had it take over 4 weeks to get a stave delilvered to Canada.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #872 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:34 pm »
I about got mine finished, tryed to make a copy of Howard Hill's bow that he layed out in Hunting the Hard Way, and i gotta say it's a nice shooter, i'm just not used to building a bow over 66", kept banging into everything in the shop ;D, Bub
i'll post some pic's when i get the finish on it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #873 on: March 28, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »
Im used to that length bub! It should be just fine right here at my place.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #874 on: March 28, 2012, 08:30:00 pm »
over 66, im not sure i've intentionally made anything under 71 ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline bubby

« Reply #875 on: March 28, 2012, 08:50:40 pm »
yeah PD prolly fit right nice
fishy, i dont build bows that i need a wench to draw :laugh:, the last one i made this long i shot for a year, piked it to 64" ttt and glued on some flipped tips, easyer to get in a blind with, Bub

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #876 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:06 pm »
fishy, i dont build bows that i need a wench to draw :laugh:, the last one i made this long i shot for a year, piked it to 64" ttt and glued on some flipped tips, easyer to get in a blind with, Bub
im guessing you mean winch?  ::) ;D and who needs a blind when you can take something out from 200yds 8)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2012, 05:44:00 am »
Doc.....she'll have 100 arrow shot through it by the time you get home......  maybe a turkey on the table... ::)

If its over 40# draw it should be safe from my wife. Now my daughter that you met on the other hand, is another story altogether !  Josh

Offline bubby

« Reply #878 on: March 29, 2012, 07:00:27 am »
im guessing you mean winch?  ::) ;D and who needs a blind when you can take something out from 200yds 8)
yeah i meant winch, must of had something else on my mind >:D, Bub

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #879 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »
It's exciting to see the progress being made and the bows people are starting to get!

I haven't been on for a while, plenty of other projects eating all my time.... no wait, I'm going to say that these past couple months off from working on my trade bow was to let it fully dry... yeah, that sounds like a good excuse and I'm sticking to it!  :P

Hopefully it'll only need to "dry" for a couple more weeks before I can get back to work on it.  ;)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #880 on: March 29, 2012, 02:41:05 pm »
fishy, i dont build bows that i need a wench to draw :laugh:
im guessing you mean winch?  ::)
This reminds me of a very unpleasant work experience related to the misuse (or should I say use) of the word wench while at work.  I was not the unfortunate serf who uttered the word, but I was very much a part of the collateral damage. :( :(

Oops, I'm hijacking again...sorry. :-[

George
St Paul, TX

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #881 on: March 29, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »
oh come on, tell us ;D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #882 on: March 29, 2012, 03:14:11 pm »
Lets just say that the son of a steel worker (who grew up using the word wench as a term of endearment for ladies because his dad did...and had forgotten or ignored the true meaning) who uses that word at work in conversation with a woman who has never heard the term, resulted in her looking it up in the dictionary.   As he realized his error and tried in vain to apologize she rushed to the ladies restroom to hide her horror and sadness and, unfortunately for us, that was where she encountered our boss.  This was followed immediately by him being called into the bosses office along with his unfortunate office mate (me) and there we received a severe tongue lashing and dire threats...in duplicate.  This was made worse by the perpetrators repeated attempts to explain his actions and my repeated attempts to argue I had no part in the problem.  Sometimes it's best to just take the medicine, whether deserved or not. :-\ :-[ :(

And now, back to our bows....

George
St Paul, TX

Offline bubby

« Reply #883 on: March 29, 2012, 08:32:04 pm »
got her done, white oak backed white oak with black walnut lam and tips, oak is quartersawn, she's 70" ntn and 48# @ my recipient's draw, patterned it after the bow in howard hill's " hunting the hard way", figured it's o.k. to copy the greatest archer of all time, real smooth shooting and hit's where ya look, 'course the length helped my shooting some, hope ya like her, just gotta do some writing on her and get ready to ship, wonder if i should call her the wench, Bub

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #884 on: March 29, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »
Sweet. Somebodys going to be real happy.:-)
Steve Bennett