Author Topic: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress  (Read 445064 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:24 am »
Being an insider is worse than being an Admin, Josh.  :P   ;)   
  With power comes priveldge!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:19 am »

With power comes priveldge!  8)
so do i have to obtain the power first, or can i just buy the "privileges" ::)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2012, 03:05:16 am »
Glad to see I ain't the only one checking the email's and PM's frantically, I organize a swap on Trad Gang with help from KellyG and the first year I did it myself so I'm just gonna keep my key strokes to a minimum. LOL

on another note Pat I do like skins  ;D Ah heck who am I kidding I just like anything that's a stick with a string LOL
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline bcbull

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2012, 03:44:11 am »
ah guys  thats part of the fun waitin haha lol gotta have a lil paintance we got plenty a time so i guess tmw ill spend the day workin on this yew i just cut out lol oh ya and ill keep chckin mail lolol brock ;)

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2012, 10:16:29 am »
I better start going through this pile of wood! should it be osage, no hickory, no ash, no osage ?!?! oooooo!! Only time will tell :-X
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

blackhawk

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2012, 10:35:59 am »
Hmmmmmm?????...still no name yet.....looks like ill be making a bow for Myself  >:D

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2012, 10:41:10 am »
Hmmmmmm?????...still no name yet.....looks like ill be making a bow for Myself  >:D
You Luckey dog er hawk ???
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

blackhawk

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:42 am »
You Luckey dog er hawk ???

Yeah lucky me huh  ::)....or maybe im just dumb and haven't figured out yet that I was excluded because I don't know how to make a good enough bow for this event.  ::) :P  ???

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2012, 11:56:59 am »
Everyone and everything has a price Noel!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »
Got my name earlier and picked out 3 very challenging staves to work on. Had my weekly bow making class last night with my 2 buddies working on their bows and the wife of one and my wife decided to come out to the garage on a challenge. I told them reducing staves to bows was hard work and they wouldn't last 15 minutes (little friendly egging going on ;) ). So I drew some lines on a stave, handed one a draw knife, and told them where to remove the wood. It was great!
They proved me wrong, but I think they also had a much deeper appreciation for the amount of work that goes into this addiction. Plus, now I have one stave almost down to rough shape and all I had to do was supervise.  8)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2012, 01:56:21 pm »
What kind of wood Matt? I try to get my buddys to build bows but they dont have the patients so I usually just end up with roughed out staves ;D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »
 I got my name yesterday evening to late to start on it. Couldnt hardly sleep a wink last night so got up early this morning and picked out a piece of osage. It is one of a pair of side by side splits. I used the other one to make my niece a bow about 4 years ago and have been saving this one for a speacial ocasion. I got it roughed out to the point i need to start taking out some twist and get the limbs lined up . Want to take some pics first but im having major camera problems and im not sure i can stand to wait for my wife to get home so i can use hers. so im sitting here covered in sawdust and wood chips trying not to grab the heat gun and get back to working on it. Think if i had any hair left i would be pulling it out.
Steve Bennett

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »
Do what I do, grab another stave and work it over. Burn up some of that excess energy. 8)

Also I want to remind everyone to send HIGH RESOLUTION pics to pa_bowpics@charter.net

I would like to have some construction as well as finished pics of the bows.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2012, 02:47:38 pm »
OK whiners,
I just got a message from Calendargirl that she is sitting outside at a starbucks sending out the rest of the notifications. This is while she is on vacation time guys.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »
thats commitment, thanks to everyone who is organizing this
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what