Author Topic: Another Addict:)  (Read 1398 times)

Offline k-hat

Another Addict:)
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »
A while back I made one of my fave hickory bows and gave it to my boss at work.  One of my other bosses got to see it as well and became just a little interested ;)   Long story short, we wound up spending a couple of afternoons together last summer and made him a red oak flatbow/longbow, and this past fall he decided to make a couple for his boys.  The result . . . a new family of primitive archers >:D    He's not really my boss anymore, but certainly a friend :)

Here's John and his oldest boy with the red oak bow John made from start to finish on his own.  It's 53" ntn, pulls 18#@20", with a little room to grow:

That's one happy son!!

The obligatory money shot:

Don't know if he'll start participating on PA, but he's hooked on bowbuilding for sure ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Another Addict:)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »
Very nice bow! The tiller is right on. Very good for your first. Time to get those boys building their own. I hope John and his sons join us.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:18:31 pm »
Very nice to see! Welcome to all primitive bowyers-young and old! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »
Very nice to see! Welcome to all primitive bowyers-young and old! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline k-hat

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 09:50:48 am »
Yeah, i thought that tiller was pretty nice too!  I figured i'd be giving him a hand on this one after he bought the board and he surprised me when he sent me a pic of her pretty much all tillered out.  This was his 4th bow in all:  the one i helped him with for himself, another i helped him tiller for another of his sons, 3rd was his first attempt solo which unfortunately snapped, and then this one.  Got a good record going so far, and like the rest of us, a broken bow is a reason to start another!   He's a good student, not quite so stubborn as me  ;D

Now maybe he'll get on PA and get some instruction from somebody other than a newbie who's just less newbie than him ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:55:22 am by k-hat »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:42:02 am »
Very nice work and to see his son's getting into it with him. Cool. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good