Author Topic: Siberian wooley mammoth ?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Siberian wooley mammoth ?
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:24:23 am »
There is a video of a elephant crossing a northern river, supposedly in Siberia. Wooley Mammoth ? ....Just google wooley mammoth video.  I like it.  -  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Siberian wooley mammoth ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:50:03 am »
That's a neat video. I read that scientist in Japan had a plan to bread "back" to produce a mammoth and would have one in a few years by breeding the closest elephant to a mammoth and isolating the traits until the end result would be a mammoth..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:25:56 am »
Break out the atlatl and darts >:D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:38 am »
I have to agree with most everybody else I've seen comment on it.  Looks like an out-of-focus bear with a fish in its mouth to me.  How awesome would that be, though?
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »
I saw this on the Today show this morning and it was suggested it was a bear with a fish in his mouth. The more I looked at it the more it looked like a bear. It would be cool if it were a mamoth. They lived as far south as NC (maybe farther)12000 years ago.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:19:17 pm »
 Pat, they were chased all the way down here. I have some big chunks of leg bone in a flower bed I got out of the river diving for artifacts. We find the teeth and tusk quite a bit diving.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tower

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:46:22 pm »
Looks like a bear to me , but either way I'd try to take it with primative gear. One way or the other there'd be a funeral.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!