Author Topic: The gift  (Read 1589 times)

Offline coaster500

The gift
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:43:01 pm »
I met a new neighbor. His name is Bob and he saw me getting out of my truck with a bow and wandered over to talk. Turns out he shot some trad when he was younger. I showed him some of my new found obsession and he loved it. I offer him a hackberry stave and he came over work on it.

Here's Bob and his first selfbow  :)

Well while his stave is resting (it feels suspiciously moist?) he said he was going to try to remember how to make some stone points....  well yesterday he came over and handed me these...  He didn't make them but is still trying to get his knapping skills back but a friend (that I haven't met and new nothing about) gave him these to give to me.....

I mean how cool is that...  great suprise out of the blue :)

This may not be the right place to post this but it start with Bob building his first bow so I hope it's OK...

Thank you Bob
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline GaryR

Re: The gift
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:48:15 pm »
Lucky guy, my neighbors just look at me funny, they don't like the noise maybe.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »
That is just too cool.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:10:43 pm »
VOICE OVER ANOUNCER:  It's too late for Bob.  In America there are still far too many Primitive Archers more than willing to give away that first free stave and addict your family, friends and neighbors.  Won't you consider a donation to Bow-aholics Anonymous?

*Message paid for by the Compound Cam Manufacturer's of China
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:15:06 pm »
haha lol good rayan glad u got a buddy to work with on this makes it even more fun way to hook him enjoy them stone point s i love em  brock

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:48:44 pm »
JW you're killin me !!!

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline dwardo

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:03:09 pm »
Nice to meet a neighbour with the same interests. I know no archers never mind any that would shoot a wooden bow or even beleive that a wooden bow was able to loose an arrow past a childs play interest.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 06:46:37 pm »
I like this. That's a great gift you gave him and then he blessed you back  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline DRon knife

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 11:32:42 pm »
DAM!! Someone else always gets the good friends  >:(

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:51:48 am »
Getting other peole into trad archery is just a fun experience and a lot of the time it pays off. Good luck on your new addiction, keep posting
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.