Author Topic: Aarrgh, if only I had more time.  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Slackbunny

Aarrgh, if only I had more time.
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:58:18 pm »
I live in a small apartment in the city with no room for bowyering, and its too cold to work outside, so I only get to bowyer on Sundays when we go to the inlaws. I am soooo close to finishing my current project. I've almost got it reduced down to target weight with minimal tiller issues. This bow really has been a pleasure to work. Another 45 mins would have had all the real work essentially done leaving only final finishing, but time ran out, and now I need to wait another week before I can lay my hands on it again. Frusturating as hell.

The benefit is that it forces me to take my time so I don't make rushed mistakes. The downside is that its awfully hard to focus on heat transfer, applied fluid mechanics, and automatic controls when all you can think of all week is polishing off that tiller and putting on the final finish. 

I gotta get me a shop, or at least a room without a darn carpet.

Offline HickoryBill

Re: Aarrgh, if only I had more time.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:19 am »
Buy a big tarp to lay on the floor and a small air cleaner to collect some of the dust that goes with bow building..I've scraped on bows in bathtub/showers in hotels when on  vacation or on trips with the wife( She is very understanding) Just gather up the worst of the shavings and dust and rinse the rest down the drain.. >:D Not my problem if she clogs up down the road..prove it was me >:D >:D
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania