Author Topic: Hog Hunt this Weekend  (Read 4974 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Hog Hunt this Weekend
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »
Sidewinder is coming down this Thursday to spend a long weekend hog hunting.  I think Cipriano is coming over too.  If you're interested come and join the fun. We're going to bring bow stuff  and work on bows during the days.  Of course, I always bring my knapping stuff.  Looks like the weather will be nice.  For sure my night vision rifle will be there as well as my short bow and stone tipped arrows.  Should be a good time whether the hogs cooperate or not.  If you're in the DFW area and want to come let me know. 

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Hog Hunt this Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:34:54 pm »
I would love to but work would not understand me covering 'call' from a pig blind in Texas. :P
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:38:39 pm »
Yep. Yep... Well Cipriano and Mr. D. Hunt Thursday evening or Friday evening?  Sure they would Bevan.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:39:40 pm »
Verizon cell works out there, but not much else.  It sure aint 3g though.  We'll get you a pig in July Bevan.  Looking forward to the C & D duo.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:45:11 am »
Hafted up a new point to take hunting this weekend.  Sure would like to see it in a pig.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 02:50:13 am »
Good luck!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:12:57 am »
sure wish I lived closer to you all, Have fun and be carefull

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 03:24:52 am »
That point is going to look even better when you pull it out of a pig.  Us too Keenan. Us too ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 02:08:04 pm »
WAY too far for me to come George, but i would love to. I will have to live vicariously through you guys. just post pics after you stick Porky with that nice new point. ;)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 03:41:19 pm »
OOOO AHHHH!!!

That is a Purdy One George!!!

Wish I could make it, but this weekend is my Youngest Boy Elyas's Birthday party, he'll be ONE years old!
Thank The Maker!!!

And I'm the head cook and bottle washer.
I'll be smoking a Goat I whacked last Saturday along with some baby back ribs.
Cooking party is Friday night and the birthday party is Saturday.  :)

Would love to make it out soon to Hog Hunt/Knapp/Cook and hang out with some Great PA folks!

Regards,

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 04:29:43 pm »
I used an LED flashlight to light up that point when I took the picture with my phone.  Not sure why it came out blue, it's a gray point.  Need to replace my cell phone as it's camera is giving me trouble.

Wish you guys could make it, we're gonna have fun.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »
Saw a dead hog on the side of a back road - no headlight lenses so must have been a big 4x4 or something. 
@ Gus - My youngest grandson just runed 1 on feb 14th. Enjoy your boys celebration.
Coupla years ago we had a big hog that used to sleep on the side of the highway in the sunny roadside gravel. Ain't seen him in a coupla years though.
We do have lots of hogs in California and they cause as many problems here as they do any where else.
Stick a few of em!

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 05:28:50 pm »
You guys have all the fun over there. I used to go to south Tex in the spring after deer season and hunt them hogs. We had a blast. You are only about 6 hrs from me....hmmmm...I can't his time...got the Spring Fling in Al this weekend or I might make the trip. I'd love to learn some stuff from you guys. Ya'll have fun and good luck!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Dazv

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 07:41:34 pm »
Please keep you camra handy if you guys have time.(i will be sat here in the uk wishing i was there and wishing bow hunting was legal) :-(

OH and make sure you guys have a great time.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 10:32:43 pm »
Saw a dead hog on the side of a back road - no headlight lenses so must have been a big 4x4 or something. 

Mullet?!?!?!

I soooo wish I could make it down there for the piggy-palooza.  I just got a new smoker delivered and it needs to be broke in!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.