Author Topic: Sucked in another!  (Read 6456 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Sucked in another!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 10:39:23 pm »
$425 to your door and about #200.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 10:48:04 pm »
your on a roll there mr popular....thats 2 shop visitors in the last week. does he know you pretty much just handed him a bag of crack....hes gonna be back for more you know ;)

I told my wife I was very excited to help him get started because I know for a fact he will teach at least 2-3 other people in the coming year. That makes it even sweeter!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 10:50:49 pm »
i just checked out the grizzly site.that bandsaw will be mine real soon.thanks Pearl.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 01:26:16 am »
Nice saw drums I went with the 2hp with the 1"3tpi timber wolf ...what a beast that griz be ....however spoiling a new recruit on a saw instead of a draw knife on#1 your to kind  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:09 am »
Thats awsome Pearl always love to see another "sucked in" ! Reminds me of when I built my first under the watchful eye of my mentor  :) Its a great sport building your own bows and archery tackle the more people we get involved the better, and the more people we will have to share our common interest in what we all love but they should always be warned of the addictions they are dabbling in ;D.

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 02:43:41 am »
that's way cool PD, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 09:00:45 am »
I dont often get jealous of staves or the subsequent blanks that come from them. I drooled in envy ALL afternoon over this stave/blank. I wanted to take it back and toss him another piece of anything else. I still have a narrow split left from this 1/4 log.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 09:09:07 am »
Good looking start on that one, Got to love getting folks started.Nice job. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MoNative

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:22 am »
Looking good there!! ;)
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. He is our rock of ages, our everlasting arms.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 12:12:58 pm »
Quote... "Anybody ever see hackberry with sapwood that thick"

It took a few seconds for me to figureout that is was hackberry. Those limbs will be almost all sapwood?

Very cool Chris!!

You're allways stepping up to help a newbie.     I know I'm one :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 12:55:26 pm »

Those limbs will be almost all sapwood?

Very cool Chris!!

You're allways stepping up to help a newbie.     I know I'm one :)

Hence my stave jealousy coaster!

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 02:10:14 pm »
Cool stuff PD. that pic with him holding the bow on the ground looks like you glued on another piece of wood for a handle the sapwood is so thick.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline k-hat

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
Well done PD, reminds me of the borg from star trek:  "you will be assimilated"  >:D 

Keep up the good work:)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:29 am »
Cool stuff PD. that pic with him holding the bow on the ground looks like you glued on another piece of wood for a handle the sapwood is so thick.

Its thick enough that some will still be left near the fades and lowers, the handle is almost all heartwood. I have never seen such a gorgeous piece of hackberry. Its usually quite bland. He told me yesterday he has the grip shaped and is narrowing the tips today. He should be ready for final tiller this weekend!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »
Pearly way to make our village grow :laugh: Man your shop and band saw look mucho nice ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.