Author Topic: Sucked in another!  (Read 6457 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Sucked in another!
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:05:00 pm »
This is a work friend of mine. He and I have been chit chatting about getting him started for a long time and finally got a chance to get together today. He has a ton of wood working and hand tool experience so today was a breeze for him..........me to! Here are a few pics of what we got done. He is taking it home to add tip overlays and rough out the grip. Its 4 year old hackberry and clean as a whistle. 66" long flatbow, 2" fades and 1/2" tips. The bow has a 1 1/2" of natural reflex which we centered perfectly. The top limb has some nice wiggles and the tips line right up. No heat needed.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: Sucked in another!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »
SaWeet!  Good on ya bro!  Can't wait to see the smile on his face when he is holding the finished product.  Thanks for sharing.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:11:28 pm »
Looks like a prime time.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »
your on a roll there mr popular....thats 2 shop visitors in the last week. does he know you pretty much just handed him a bag of crack....hes gonna be back for more you know ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 10:13:16 pm »
And a few more ;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:11 pm »
Anybody ever see hackberry with sapwood that thick? I havent. Also look close at the back in the band saw pic and there are brown lines running through it. Im confident they are just fine. Its just a very unique stave for hackberry.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:49 pm »
Looking good.  How is the new Grizzly working out for you?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DQ

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:16 pm »
Your shop is way too clean, Chris!  You can't build bows in a shop that clean...can you?

Darryl

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 10:25:05 pm »

Your shop is way too clean, Chris!  You can't build bows in a shop that clean...can you?

Darryl

You tell me buddy!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 10:26:12 pm »
Looking good.  How is the new Grizzly working out for you?

Finer than frog hair Clint. I built wayyyy to may bows without it. It literally eliminates hours of time and pain for elbows.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »
Way to pass it on, PD! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
Looks like a great time..Been doing alot of teaching myself lately...very rewarding!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline seabass

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »
i am jealous of your bandsaw.i need one bad.where do you buy a grizzly?i looked at a nice laguna yesterday.they want 1600.00 for that sucker.is the grizz the one to buy.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »
i am jealous of your bandsaw.i need one bad.where do you buy a grizzly?i looked at a nice laguna yesterday.they want 1600.00 for that sucker.is the grizz the one to buy.

Grizzly is the only place to buy new Grizzly. Mine is the 3/4 hp model. I dont miss that 1/4" hp one ioda. Jim who has ran miles of wood through bandsaws couldnt believe how well the 4 tpi Timberwolf whipped through that stave. Horepower has never been at a shortage.

Offline seabass

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 10:37:17 pm »
thanks Pearl.i'll start saving my money.
Middletown,Ohio