Author Topic: One for a good friend  (Read 17158 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
One for a good friend
« on: August 14, 2007, 08:04:46 pm »
Have a good friend in OK that let me cut some osage off his place. Had been promising him a bow for it in return. Told him the drawn out part would be the curing - besides have been so busy at work the last few weeks and good god it's hot in TX right now.
  Anyway had a Saturday free and was able to whip one out for him - 66" n/n, 55#'s @ 28". I have a  better understanding now of what you guys mean about how snappy that sage is, this bow is much smaller all around than any of my other's and full of little knots (three of them go all the way through) and outshoots the others. Hated to give it away - but true to my word.............

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: One for a good friend
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:26:45 pm »
         Oh yeah paul, very nice indeed. Sure he will be pleased with it and yer a man of yer word ! ;D...........bob

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 08:32:05 pm »
That's a really pretty bow. I really like all the knots and such and to my untrained eye, the tiller looks very good too. ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

jamie

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:39:15 pm »
thats awesome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:08:22 pm »
Cool bow, Paul. I love osage! ;D     You did a very nice job for your friend. He will enjoy his new bow.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 09:08:34 pm »
Very nice Cowboy.  Plenty of character in those knots.  If I kept every bow I hated to part with I would have too many bows.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 09:21:27 pm »
Really great lookin bow! Take a heck of a nice bow to nock this out of my vote for BOM.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 10:12:44 pm »

great looking bow Cowboy.You have one lucky friend.I know what you mean about the heat,"to just knock one out" in the weather you guy's have,I tip my hat to you. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:08:21 am »
The tiller on that bow is perfect, you really made a nice bow there, you're friend is gonna be floored when he gets it.
VB

Dustybaer

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 03:13:35 am »
not too long ago you couldn't spell tillering and now you make bows like this?   ;D  i'm impressed.  so besides making beautiful arrowheads and now beautiful bows, what other talents were you hiding from us, my friend?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 05:18:49 am »
Very nice,tiller looks great and I love the knots.Good job I know he will love it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 05:58:20 am »
Thats looks like a great bow. Perfect Tiller. I love this little knots.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 06:35:13 am »
real nice bow cowboy looks to be right on the money and I know what ya mean about giving a nice one away, its like parting
with a child.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 06:50:38 am »
Many thanks everybody!! I had that stave in my stove pipe, 100 watt flood lamp bow oven for about 10 days  ;D
 (flipped and jotted down the weight every day) till it stopped losing weight. Didn't measure the set after shooting, but it goes practically straight after it relaxes for awhile.
  That day like the last several was in the low 100's - shew!! Had er finished in about eight hours complete with handle wrap, string, serving, strike plate, knocking point, three coats of true oil. Wanted to give it to friend the next day - felt like I was in a marathon. Sometimes I get to feeling like theirs just not time in a life for a man to do what he wants and enjoys with all the other responsibilities.
  Hey Marius - wait till you see them arras, somebody sent me some mighty fine shafts to work with. Will hunt with a mixture of yours and some that D Bernier sent me, thoughts go out to D Bernier in NC and hopes for a speedy recovery.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:59 am »
That's a beautiful bow Cowboy, really nice tiller. You're friend will be pleased with that one for sure.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!