Author Topic: repair???  (Read 8228 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: repair???
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »
My patch is made the way they are supposed to be, like this ), the edges are feathered so they can bend with the bow.

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:06 pm »
Unconfuse me please. That patch sure looked like it's on the back of the handle. Your first post said the problem was on the belly, and your first photos looked like the problem was not near the handle... Whassup?

My support for  the plug was based only on this being a failure of the belly. If that's the back, I'm now forecasting  catastrophic failure.

Jim
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 10:51:30 pm »
There is nothing wrong with being gun shy, it goes to show that u care about this project enough to be cautious.
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 11:34:26 pm »
Thanks again all for your help ;D i feel if i try to fix my fix i will end up in a worse boat than before i fixed  ??? So in t minus 7hrs i will attempt to brace/shoot cross your fingers hope i dont put an eye out ;) if it fails i move on to plan b witch was going to be in play any way before i the pach job....to be continued  8)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 07:07:07 am »
Well good news :D i braced it, exercised it 50times,and than shot it 50times...so far so good.
now I am not convinced after so little flexing that it is up to the challenge but i have a little more hope than when i started. I will continue to shoot it in if it makes it final tiller !i will keep ya all posted good or bad.once again thank you all for the help and ideas,that is one of the reasons that this is such a great site to be involved with ;)

Thad

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 07:16:16 am »
Good news, hope it works out for yall. Never figured why anyone would take this stuff personal,lots of way to skin a cat. ;) :) :) I happen to be blessed with wood so I almost always go  with the simple/quick fix or cook with it. :) Man needs fire also. :) Very nice save Soy. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 11:30:28 pm »
Soybean, that is the butt uggliest fix I have ever seen.  It is verging on offensive, it is so "cosmetically challenged".    >:D

So if it works, I'm gonna love it!  We primitive archer types just seem to be drawn to the ugly wood, why is that?   
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 12:54:50 am »
Thanks j dub ??? I think ;D

Offline frankherk

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 08:41:14 pm »
If it works, it will be the most beautiful patch ever! Especially  in your eyes, right Soy?

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 04:00:38 am »
We have got some scraping done on her and have had 4 sessions with50 pulls between sets and so far have shot 100 arrows @26"draw ...have to work it to 28"a few times and at least 50more shots and than it is ready for finishing ...i will post pics than, once again thanks for all the input  ;D

Offline Josh B

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 03:06:15 am »
I finally got to shoot ol' patch.  And shoot and shoot and shoot some more.  That is one fine bow.  Thanks Soy!  The pic makes the tiller look funny because it was taken from a bit of a rearward angle to show the patch.  However I can assure you that the tiller is on and this bow shoots great!  Thanks again Soy,  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 05:28:53 pm »
Yehaw!  I love it!  Bud Tuggly Brand Patchwork and all! 

Shoot 'er 'til she blows, Gun Doc!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »
I love it!

Thank You for Sharon Soy!

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Josh B

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »
JW- I plan on shooting it until I give out! Then my son can try to wear it out. ;)  Josh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 08:40:47 am »
Good news ,great save,Congrats. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good