Author Topic: tick tick tick....  (Read 4097 times)

Offline DRon knife

tick tick tick....
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:53:48 pm »
Just a heads up if you live in the New England area,ticks abound this season!! I took two walks in two days on cart paths and found 22 ticks on me. I'm sure its the mild winter we had that's responsible for the increase in the little blood suckers,so be careful and make sure your indoor/outdoor pets have flea and tick collars! Lyme disease is already bad in NE,but this year its gonna be the worst eva,tc. Ron

Offline Blacktail

Re: tick tick tick....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:56:54 pm »
that is just NASTY .....the most i have had is 7 at once...and was during turkey season here i oregon...better eat some garlic...john

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:54:24 am »
Some Deepwoods OFF sprayed around your pants cuffs and belt line help with the ticks.  When goin into the woods I also tuck my pants into my boots and keep my shirt tucked in, it seems to help. 
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:57:58 am »
I got Lyme disease 2 years ago and with still screws with me daily...do a tick check folks, you'll be sorry if you don't.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:30:10 am »
That's a lot of ticks! Thanks for the heads up.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:46:14 am »
PERMANONE!!! As mild as this winter has been over most of the country I don't doubt this will also be a record year for biting and sucking insects.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 09:11:56 am »
I spray my clothes with pemetrin and take a shower with dog flea and tick shampoo when I get home.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
I spray my clothes with pemetrin and take a shower with dog flea and tick shampoo when I get home.

Mullet, You're an animal Man!!  ;D ;D dpgratz

Ticks are getting bad here too...Blmgtn, Indiana.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline SA

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »
ya i think it goin to be bad this year iv'e already pulled a couple off , i hear if you eat or take garlic daily they stay away . ticks,chiggers,and poison ivy are the three things i don't like about doin survey work.
Shawn Acker

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
oh no! im in New England :o :'(
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline chigger

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:18 pm »
Boys ,get you some Avon Skin So Soft rub it on on in the morning all over and you'll never have a tick..When a guy told me this I thought he was joking but I started using it and I haven't had a tick in two years,,Makes you smell good to...This is for real...

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:40 am »
Boys ,get you some Avon Skin So Soft rub it on on in the morning all over and you'll never have a tick..When a guy told me this I thought he was joking but I started using it and I haven't had a tick in two years,,Makes you smell good to...This is for real...
YEP, I use that for mosquitos especially at night fishin
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 02:51:48 am »
Yep skin so soft even use it on the ponies to keep off hores flys
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline DRon knife

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »
@chigger I've been using skin so soft for years! In the spring when the may flies are taking their turn,its the only thing I've found that works...other the a cigar!

I usually use bug spray before I go out walking,but thats in the wood,these suckers were on a cart road.

Thanks for the garlic tip peeps,I needed a new excuse to serve up more garlic,now I have one!!

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »
Rocky mountain fever is another tick-borne disease that is making a comeback, so even if you don't live in high-incident lyme's disease country...check for those ticks!

One time, I was on a road trip through eastern Mexico and was checking a hollow tree cavity for bats, after crawling out of the tree, I found my sandle wearing feet covered with what looked like chiggers.  I brushed them all off and carried on.  I was with my girlfriend at the time and we were staying in the van at nights on this road trip.  Anyway, the next morning, I awoke to her saying OH MY GOD, your n$$s are covered in ticks.  :o :o :o  She was a real trooper and got out the tweezers.   8) She must have pulled off 20 plus engorged ticks.

I hate ticks. 

"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso