Author Topic: moral mushroom???  (Read 4441 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
moral mushroom???
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:01:09 pm »
Anybody find any morals yet. I'm in mid Michigan, none yet, but I'm thinking pretty soon.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline FlintWalker

Re: moral mushroom???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »
I've been periodically checking some of my best spots and it's been slim picking. I've only found about 40 so far. It's a little early yet around here, but it's been a LOT warmer than  normal too. Around here, what we call the "black" ones come first, followed by the greys" and then the white or yellow ones The white is always last to show up. I found some of them a week ago :-\   Most folks I know that have been looking have found little :(
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:54:58 pm »
  Even though its the earlyest green up I've ever seen. Here in WV there a week or 2 away. Black morels come up a week earlyer her up in the mountains here. I live in the farm land between 2 mountain ranges IN THE EASTERN PANDLE OF THE SHANADOA VALLY.
  Here I use a few things to gage shooms. Here followering dog woods have to bein full bloom.Red root pants are hand size and mayapples have to be 5 or 6 inchs high. Gray dog wood I cut for shafts my granddad aways said they have to be big as a squrrils ears for shooms to be comeing up.
  I'm out almost everyday in the woods and fields. In the last 2 days I been looking and cuting  FLOWERING DOG WOOD STAVES.  I HAVE A BOW TO BUILD THIS FALL FOR SOMEONE. Dog woods are just starting to follower. Red roots about half the size it needs to be. Mayapples are up some but are just starting to open up and alternet(gray) dog wood leaves are just coming out.
  Here in THE EASTERN PANDLE it will be more than a week easy. I belong to a shoom club and there finding some in TN. I also get on WVSPORTSMAN.NET Someone posted a pic. of some blackys in RICHIE CO.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »
None for me Dave. I HEARD a fella up to TC found three 10 dyas ago. Who knows how true that is. I looked Sunday afternoon while stumping.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:27:14 pm »
I heard of a guy finding 25 this last weekend a little south of here.  I have seen folks out, but no bags showing.  I'll keep ya posted as soon as I find some, I'm in south/central indiana and ours come up a good two weeks or more than in Michigan.  I have a buddy who hunts here, then travels to MI after ours have stopped. We had a cold spell lastnight, so that might have added a couple of more days before they EXPLODE.  ;D I was hoping this would show up on here. 

dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »
Just had a couple in Scottsburg IN  for lunch.  I delivered at just the right time and caught em at lunch.  Grilled yard-bird, potatoes, and fresh morrels!  They were nice enough to set me up with a plate and I did not refuse!  Josh

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:31 pm »
Ya I know they are not up here in MI. I use the dandelions to judge timing. I've only spotted a couple of those so far. It's been in the 20's and 30's at night this week, so I'm thinking next week, or maybe 2. Good luck all!!!

Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 08:53:32 pm »
Hoosier Boys, I hear they are finding them outside of Madison and @ Masckatattuck(sp) Wildlife Refuge.  They'll be on their way North.  Tracy F and I are going for a rock run down south tomorrow, maybe be a dual trip.  Gotta go, dpgratz

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 09:18:37 pm »
None down here ;D I wish we had them. Got plenty of the purple ones in cow poop, though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:07 pm »
Well you could put that in the trade board Eddie... :laugh: "Spore prints for bow decorations".. :laugh:
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »
you must be a mind reader. ::) ;) Thought the same thing but this is a family site. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 09:27:20 am »
Hey, any of you folks that are planning trips to Michigan that will be in or go through Grand Rapids area, it would be nice to meet you. I might even have some in the freezer by then. ;)

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »
Just had a couple in Scottsburg IN  for lunch.  I delivered at just the right time and caught em at lunch.  Grilled yard-bird, potatoes, and fresh morrels!  They were nice enough to set me up with a plate and I did not refuse!  Josh
Good ole Hoosier Hospitality. Josh, you're not far from me if you're stopping there. The state traditional club has shoots on the eastside of town there- good bowyers and a couple great knappers. Holler the next time you're through the area.
Just got back from an afternoon looking for arrowheads and mushrooms. Not much of either.

Tracy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:44:47 pm by TRACY »
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 05:42:35 pm »
I've found a grand total of 5 so far, three today.  Off work and planning on going out tomorrow.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 11:32:44 pm »
Update, grand rapids, MI area. I found over 40 blacks yesterday. The only problem was, the tallest one was lucky to be 1" tall :( Didn't bother picking them. Hopefully they get a little bigger.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI